Pro-Chancellor stresses on vocational, skill based education
Indian educational institutions should go for a transformation as vocational and skill-based education is the need of the hour, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Science Pro-Chancellor and Chief Advisor Dr Vedprakash Mishra said on Friday.
There is a need to completely change the teaching and research techniques, Mishra said in his address during the two-day 4th edition of National Higher Education Conclave (NHEC) 2020.
The conclave was on virtual platform with the theme ‘Transformation and Challenges in Higher EducationNew Normal and Beyond’ organised by CII-Coimbatore.
Ultimately, the purpose of education is enlightening the people and education is not just expected only in terms of revenue but to develop the livelihood of people, develop the weakest of the weak, empower the poor and enlighten every citizen, he said.
Stating that in order to ensure the constitutional guarantees to all, liberty of each and every citizen must be respected, Mishra said that developing the marginalised community through education and all people in society must be given dignity and worth.
He spoke on the real concern of higher education which should focus on access, education to all at affordable cost and right to equity and quality education and the challenges such as infrastructure, appropriate government policies, quality of teaching and research.
Delivering the theme address, NHEC 2020 chairperson and Founder-Trustee, GRG Trust, Dr R Nandini said Indian educational institutions should go for international ranking and a new approach is also needed in higher education.
NHEC 2020 co-chair and chairperson and managing trustee, Sri Krishna Institutions, S Malarvizhi said the major challenge at this time is to cope up with the present situation and placement for the students.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) CRP- IX prelims exam results on its official website- ibps.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020.
- National Testing Agency has extended the last date to apply for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2021). Earlier, the deadline was January 22 which has been extended till January 30.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday released the open round allocation list for INICET 2021. Candidates who have qualified for MD/MS/M.Ch courses can check their seat allotment result on its official website at aiimsexams.org
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will declare the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020-21 on Thursday, January 21.
- The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam will close on Thursday, January 21.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Wednesday announced the result of the Combined SO-Steno LDCE, 2015 exam on its official website- upsc.gov.in.
- RRB NTPC Exam: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will on Thursday activate the link to check RRB NTPC third phase exam city and date and to download free travel pass for SC/ST candidates. The link will be activated at 9 pm.
- The decks have been cleared for starting the recruitment process for filling 1,894 posts of principals and assistant teachers in 3,049 government- aided junior high schools across the state.