UP Board result 2018: Joint Class 12 topper Rajneesh Shukla wants to join IPS
Rajneesh Shukla, the son of a farmer in Uttar Pradesh’s Fatehpur district, was elated on Sunday after he came to know about UP Board result 2018.
Rajneesh from Gaudhrali village scored 93.20% marks in the science stream and was declared the joint topper with Akash Maurya, a student of Sri Sai Inter College in Barabanki’s Lakhperabagh.
A student of Sarvodaya Intermediate College in Gopalganj area of Fatehpur, Rajneesh said hard work and determination helped him achieve success in the examination.
“Though I expected first division and very good marks I never expected to top the examination,” he said.
The 18-year-old wants to become an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer after graduating.
“The financial condition of my family was not good but still my father did everything to get me educated. I look forward to meeting his expectations,” he added.
Rajneesh said he likes to focus entirely on his studies and pursue his two favourite subjects, mathematics and physics, but occasionally indulges himself by listening to music.
His father Kailash Shukla said Rajneesh topped in his school in the UP Board high school or Class 10 exam and he was expecting a good result for his son.
“Rajneesh used to go to school on a bicycle and covered eight kilometres every day. He never missed his school,” he said.
Kailash also credited the Uttar Pradesh government for ensuring fair examinations.
“Had the government not taken strict measures to check copying, meritorious students like Rajneesh would not have topped.”
The state government put in strict anti-copying measures, held the UP Board 2018 exams under closed-circuit television or CCTV cameras for the first time this year and also roped in state police’s special task force was to check rampant cheating.
More than 11,27,800 students dropped out of the exams due to the stringent measures and 1,146 were caught using unfair means. Police lodged 136 complaints against students for indulging in unfair means as well as invigilators and centre superintendents for helping them to cheat.
UP Board result 2018 shows 137 students - 90 boys and 37 girls - scored 90% and above marks in the intermediate exams.
Officials said 72.43% students cleared the intermediate exams this year as compared to 82.62% last year. There was a 10.19% dip in intermediate results this year.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results of Indian Economic Services/Indian Statistical Services written exam on its official website -upsc.gov.in. The written exam was held in October 2020
- Staff Selection Commision (SSC) on Friday released the final answer key of Convinced Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2019 tier 1 exam on its official website- ssc.nic.in.
- Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) on Friday released the exam schedule for its class 10th and 12th board exams. The schedule has been uploaded on the official website-cgbse.nic.in.
- MU is one of many higher education institutes across the country which chose to conduct convocation ceremonies virtually this year.
- Parents from across the state have written to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) over issues pertaining to private schools in the state.
- The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL), under ministry of coal has invited online applications for the recruitment against 372 vacancies for Fitter, Welder, Junior Staff Nurse and other posts.
- The online registration window for JEE Main 2021 is closing on Saturday, January 23. Candidates who have not yet registered for the exam can online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to pay the registration fee is January 24.
- WB Police Recruitment 2021: West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has invited online applications for recruitment against vacancies for the post of constable, lady constable, sub-inspector, lady SI and SI of Police (armed branch).