UPSC result 2017: Tapasya Parihar, daughter of a farmer from MP, gets 23rd rank
Tapasya Parihar, a farmer’s daughter from Narsinghpur district in Madhya Pradesh has bagged the 23rd All India rank in the Civil services exam 2017 conducted by the Union Public Services Commission.
The UPSC exam result was declared on Friday evening.
Tapasya did her schooling at Kendriya Vidyalaya, Narisinghpur. She did law from India Law Society’s law college, Pune and was preparing for the UPSC examination while studying in Delhi. According to Tapasya, it was her second attempt this year for the UPSC examination.
Giving the credit of her success to her father Vishwas and her mother, Tapasya said her family had always been supportive to her. They never said ‘no’ to her demand for studies. It was their all-out support that she could get this achievement.
On her success mantra she said, “I have not been an extra-ordinary student but always believed in hard work. I always tried to thoroughly command the subject I studied. This was the reason behind my success.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has invited online applications for recruitment against 241 Vacancies for the post of security guard. Aspirants can apply online till February 12 at rbi.org.in.
- As per the amendment, the total number of centres will not be increased more than 10% as compared to last year
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results of Indian Economic Services/Indian Statistical Services written exam on its official website -upsc.gov.in. The written exam was held in October 2020
- Staff Selection Commision (SSC) on Friday released the final answer key of Convinced Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2019 tier 1 exam on its official website- ssc.nic.in.
- Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) on Friday released the exam schedule for its class 10th and 12th board exams. The schedule has been uploaded on the official website-cgbse.nic.in.
- MU is one of many higher education institutes across the country which chose to conduct convocation ceremonies virtually this year.
- Parents from across the state have written to the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) over issues pertaining to private schools in the state.
- The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL), under ministry of coal has invited online applications for the recruitment against 372 vacancies for Fitter, Welder, Junior Staff Nurse and other posts.
- The online registration window for JEE Main 2021 is closing on Saturday, January 23. Candidates who have not yet registered for the exam can online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to pay the registration fee is January 24.