Kangana Ranaut calls for those who supported 'so-called' farmers' protest to be jailed. Watch her video message
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
Actor Kangana Ranaut, who has vocally opposed the ongoing farmers' protests, in a new video expressed her anger at the violence that erupted in New Delhi, after a faction of the protesting farmers deviated from the designated route and arrived at the Red Fort. Kangana said that incidents such as this are humiliating for the nation, and called for those that supported the farmer agitation to be jailed.
In her video, shared on Twitter on Tuesday, the actor said that it was disappointing to watch the protests turn violent, that too on Republic Day.
"The images coming out of the Red Fort have shaken up the entire nation," she said in Hindi. "Jail everyone that supported this so-called farmers' protest. They should be punished, there should be some repercussions for this."
Kangana, in an earlier tweet, had attacked Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra, asking them if they were pleased with what had happened. Previously, she'd accused both Diljit and Priyanka -- who've publicly voiced their support for peacefully protesting farmers -- of 'misleading' them.
"You need to explain this @diljitdosanjh @priyankachopra. Whole world is laughing at us today, yahi chahiye tha na tum logon ko (isn't this what you wanted)!!!! Congratulations," she wrote. In a separate tweet, she claimed to have lost endorsement deals because of her comments against the protests, which have been raging for months at Delhi's Singhu border, because of the Centre's farm laws.
After multiple rounds of discussions, the farmers were told to start their rally only after the official Republic Day parade gets over. They were also given alternate routes for the march. But as the day progressed, farmers deviated from the approved routes and started moving towards central Delhi, which led to clashes with the policemen.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.