Jodhaa Akbar not released in Rajasthan
Ashutosh Gowarikar directed film Jodhaa Akbar was not released in Rajasthan cinema halls on Friday amid protests by Rajput groups against "distortion of historical facts" in the movie, based on Mughal emperor Akbar.
The film was not released in 30 cinema halls across Rajasthan including nine in the Pink City.
Activists of the Karni Sena had written letters in blood against the film's release and submitted it to theatre owners.
Karni Sena patron Lokendra Kalvi had said they would not stop the film but the Vasundhara Raje government would be held "responsible" if any untoward incidents occurred.
"The Rajputs cannot tolerate any distortion of historical facts, especially in relations between the Mughal emperor Akbar and Jodhabai," he said on Thursday.
The Home Department did not ban the film but directed that law and order be maintained around all theatres of the state.
The Rajasthan High Court had on Wednesday dismissed a petition seeking restraining orders against leaders of Rajput Sabha and Karni Sena but asked the government to ensure law and order.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Keerthy Suresh shared an adorable video of her dog Nyke who is first seen running away from a robot vacuum cleaner and is then riding it like a boss.
- Raashi Khanna shared a few pictures from her playtime with her nephew Neil and called him the love and light of her life.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Aelay is a fun, sweet film that gets so much right about life in a small village and their tradition but is needlessly long drawn.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.