Rajinikanth’s Annaatthe shoot delayed, director Siva begins work on next with Suriya
The shoot of upcoming Tamil film Annaatthe has been postponed by a few months owing to actor Rajinikanth’s health condition, as per reports. This has apparently forced director Siva to begin the pre-production for his next yet-untitled project with Suriya.
Suriya and Siva are coming together for the first time for a project which will be bankrolled by Sun Pictures.
Suriya’s project was only supposed to begin after the release of Annaatthe. After Rajinikanth was hospitalized for a few days last month due to fluctuating blood pressure; the film’s shoot has been postponed.
A Cinema Express report states that Siva has already commenced work on Suriya’s project. It also added that the shoot of Annaatthe will only resume post June after the Tamil Nadu General Elections.
On the career front, Suriya has multiple projects in his kitty. He was recently seen in Tamil biographical drama, Soorarai Pottru, which skipped theatrical release and premiered on Amazon Prime directly. The film was based on the life of Captain GR Gopinath of Air Deccan.
Suriya recently completed shooting for upcoming Netflix original film Navarasa. This project marks Suriya’s reunion with director Gautham Menon after many years. They had previously worked together in Tamil films Kaakha Kaakha and Vaaranam Aayiram.
Navarasa is a joint venture between Netflix India and filmmaker Mani Ratnam, who is bankrolling the project along with filmmaker Jayendra. The film will feature nine shorts directed by nine filmmakers on the theme of nine ‘rasas’. The project marks the digital debut of actors Suriya and Vijay Sethupathi.
Suriya also has a film each with filmmakers Vetrimaaran and Siva. While Vetrimaaran’s film will be based on the book Vaadivasal by CS Chellappa, Siva’s film is expected to be a rural actioner.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nenjam Marappathillai review: What’s refreshing about the film is that it is devoid of all the usual stereotypes one could associate with horror movies.
- Malavika Mohanan shared several behind the scene pictures from the making of Master on completion of the film's 50 days in theatres.
- Aishwaryaa Dhanush took to Instagram and shared a picture with her son Lingaa and urged followers to wear a mask.
- Aelay is a fun, sweet film that gets so much right about life in a small village and their tradition but is needlessly long drawn.
Malavika Mohanan: I find it annoying when people put Bollywood at a higher pedestal than other film industries
- Shruti Haasan has shared a few adorable pictures with her superstar father Kamal Haasan on Instagram.
- Dhanush's upcoming movie Jagame Thandhiram skips the theatres for an OTT release. The movie is set to stream on Netflix India and the teaser has been released.
- Suriya has tested negative to Covid 19. His producer friend Rajsekar Pandian tweeted to share the news. Ealier this month, the actor had tweeted to inform that he had contracted the virus.
- Actor Siddharth, of Rang De Basanti fame, had a heated exchange on Twitter with a person who abused him.
- Rajinikanth paid a visit to Ilayaraja’s new music studio in Chennai.
- Nidhhi Agerwal was in for a shock when she came to know that her fans in Chennai had built a temple in her name. She has done only two films in Tamil so far.
- Care of Kaadhal is one of those films that leave you with a rewarding experience only if you’ve patiently waited for the end, and the way the stories culminate makes for a moving experience.
- Suriya, who tested positive for Covid-19 earlier this month, has returned home and will self-isolate for a few days. His brother, Karthi, shared the update on Twitter.