Bigg Boss 14: Vikas Gupta’s mother makes vote appeal for him despite strained relationship
Vikas Gupta’s relationship with his mother, Sharda, has been a hot topic of discussion in Bigg Boss 14, with Arshi Khan often taunting him and alleging that he refused to pay her medical bills. Despite their strained relationship, Sharda took to Instagram to make a vote appeal for Vikas.
Sharing a picture of herself hugging Vikas, Sharda wrote, “Good morning dear friends. Vote for Vikas! Save my son from eviction from bb house!”
Earlier this week, Vikas set the record straight about allegations that he refused to pay for his mother’s treatment. “There was this point when I had to sell my house and when I called my mother to talk about it, she just said ‘I am busy, on a trip, I will talk to you 10 days later’. It was then that I told them, ‘I am broke’ and I cannot bear the cost of their treatment,” he said.
“I asked them to sell our house in Dehradun, and instead of giving me my share, just use it for her treatment. I had no other option, I had loans amounting to ₹1.8 crore!” he added. He also claimed that his parents are not going against him in public as they are eyeing his property.
Vikas, who participated in Bigg Boss 11, entered Bigg Boss 14 last month as a ‘challenger’, along with other former contestants. He was asked to leave the show after he pushed Arshi into the swimming pool when she dragged his strained relationship with his family into one of their fights. However, he was brought back a few days later.
Earlier, Vikas claimed that his family cut off all ties with him because of his sexuality. In an Instagram post last year, in which he came out as bisexual, he wrote, “As for my mom , I love you even if you don’t love me anymore. My siblings who I have brought so much shame to, seeing you makes me swell with pride…"
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.