Deepika Padukone could wear a Sabyasachi gown for Mumbai reception. Here are the top picks
Ever since actors Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh released their wedding photos -- they tied the knot in Lake Como, Italy on November 14-15 in twin wedding ceremonies -- all eyes have been on the newlyweds, their multiple hand-in-hand appearances, and of course, their coveted style choices. With their elegantly coloured-coordinated Sabyasachi ensembles, both Deepika and Ranveer provided plenty of sartorial moments to pour over. Having already cemented herself as a style icon, Deepika wore some of the most jaw-dropping, swoon-inducing bridal looks of all time; and speculation as to what she will wear for her and Ranveer’s Mumbai wedding reception has run rife.
While details are scant, Ranveer and Deepika’s second wedding reception -- they hosted their Bengaluru reception on Wednesday -- is set for December 1 at The Grand Hyatt, Mumbai. At the top of everyone’s mind, of course, is what kind of a look will Deepika wear at the reception? Here’s a sample of questions running through our mind: Will it be another Sabyasachi saree? Or a bespoke lehenga? Will it resemble Anushka Sharma’s bridal style? Or will it be something entirely different? Perhaps a gown?
Though Deepika and fashion designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee -- the man behind her impressive bridal trousseau -- have both been mum on the details of Deepika’s Mumbai reception look, if you track her style, you can get a sense of what she might wear. Deepika’s not afraid to give trends a try, so, when it comes to her reception look, expect a surprise or two: Namely, a Sabyasachi wedding gown.
The Kolkata-born designer is known for his embellishment-heavy bridal lehengas with architectural silhouettes and intricate embroideries. However, in June 2018, Sabyasachi revealed his first-ever international wedding collection, featuring opulent and innovative bridal gowns with stunning long trains, impressive texture plays, weightless volumes, soft colours (think white, champagne, blush, cloudy grey) and decadent fabrics. Unlike the sarees, suits and lehengas the new bride has worn thus far, we expect Deepika to up the glamour and opulence at her reception with one of Sabyasachi’s classic yet modern wedding gown.
We think there will be romance in Deepika’s reception gown -- whether it be a lace bodice, a fit-and-flare design highlighting her curves and waistline or a beaded dress train. The over all feel could be very different from the gold Kanjivaram silk saree at her Bengaluru wedding reception. While all these details are fun to speculate, given that the beautiful bride has not worn any western style yet, Sabyasachi could very well have saved it for Deepika- Ranveer’s final wedding extravaganza.
Here are our top predictions:
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Gauahar Khan has been sharing snippets from her honeymoon in Udaipur with hubby Zaid Darbar. However, her fans cannot help but swoon over the stunning outfits that the actor wore on her trip. Her latest images wearing a makhmal suit has been making headlines and we are taking notes.
- Telugu star Ram Pothineni shows how to break the monotony of menswear when it comes to ethnic style. The actor was seen promoting his latest release, Red, in designer Kunal Rawal's purple potted flower kurta
- Sara Ali Khan is the latest celebrity to visit the Maldives and have a gala time. The actor is also giving us major holiday fashion goals in her beachwear.
- For a recent Ask Me Anything session on her Instagram account, Deepika Padukone wore an uber cool knit vest and left us speechless. The actor answered various questions such as the first thing that she does in the morning and her favourite thing to cook during this session.
- Snuggle but with fashion and Mira Rajput Kapoor, in a knit cape with a high neck, shows us how to keep the finger firmly placed on the sartorial pulse this cosy winter season
- Sara Ali Khan leaves fashionistas in awe of her classy feminine style and flirty edge in a red and navy blue checkered cocktail dress with a flattering side draping and we can’t help swooning either
- Another day, another sultry look by Karisma Kapoor and we can’t help but prepare a sartorial diary to recreate her killer styles for our next date night with bae. Want to send the fashion police on red alert? Check out the diva’s puff-sleeved dress
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Miuccia Prada, Raf Simonsosy, Fendi, Ermenegildo Zegna and even K-Way establish that comfortable indoor-wear leaves its mark on outdoor styles for menswear autumn-winter collection
- Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor are currently holidaying in Goa and the mother-of-two is flaunting her enviable curves in some of the most fabulous beach wear. Their pictures are making us crave for a vacation as well.
- Tandav star Saif Ali Khan turns cover boy for a magazine and his latest pictures in a teal blue bandhgala are fashion goals for men to break away yet embrace the mundane with naturalism
- Hina Khan is having a gala time on her trip. The fashionista has been giving us great brunch date look ideas. She has been snapped in some of the the most impressive ensembles and we are getting inspired.
- Sara Ali Khan's latest leather look teaches us how to brave the winter and look badass while doing it. The Simmba actor is a fashionista in the truest sense.
- On Sunday, Prada unveiled their latest collection - anti-uniform which is an ode to our new intimacy in our ever-tighter circles: luxury long-johns, digitally.
- Athiya Shetty has been making us dream of an endless summer to far flung places and her sizzling fashionable looks, in floral or fancy dresses that flaunt effortless silhouettes and celebrate the feminine figure, are to be blamed
- NBA coaches' casual dressing, during the league at Walt Disney World in Florida, inspires basketball coaches across America to eschew the traditional game day attire of coats, ties and dress slacks in favour of polos, quarter-zips and warmup pants as comfort over style becomes the new fashion trend