Dry, flaky or oily skin? Dear men, here are the only grooming tips you’ll ever need
From how to shave right to taking proper care of your hair, we’ve got you covered.fashion and trends Updated: Jul 21, 2017 08:26 IST
American businessman Daymond John of Shark Tank fame once said, ‘Good grooming is integral and impeccable style is a must. If you don’t look the part, no will want to give you time or money.’ We couldn’t agree more. So we got Jaikishan Anant Pawar of Truefitt & Hill to give you the lowdown on how to put your best foot forward.
1. Many men don’t use conditioners because they feel it leads to hair fall or dandruff. But it is necessary as conditioners moisturise your hair. Make sure you rinse out the conditioner properly – otherwise your scalp will attract dirt, which leads to hair problems.
2. Men often make the mistake of not rinsing off hair before going to bed. It’s essential to do that when you use hair products like hair gels.
3. A lot of times, men don’t consult stylists/barbers before buying a shampoo. It’s important to understand your hair type before going for a particular brand. Today, there are separate products for oily scalps, products that prevent hair colour damage, and so on. Don’t wait till you notice a problem to buy a specialised shampoo.
4. There’s a misconception that leaving conditioner in your hair makes it soft. Only hair serums and creams can be kept through the day.
5. Hair oil is absolutely necessary to make sure your roots are strong. Nourish your hair at least once or twice a week. Ideally, oil your hair a night before you are set to wash them. This becomes all the more crucial if you use hair products.
6. If you keep a beard, use products meant for it. The scalp is different from facial skin. Using hair products on your beard leads to skin irritation. If you have just a stubble, it’s okay to use a face wash on it, but anything beyond that requires proper products.
7. If you shave regularly, your skin is likely to wrinkle faster. So, go for products with anti-ageing ingredients (different from anti-ageing products) even if you are young.
8. Your facial skin contains essential oils which get wiped away during a shave. Hence, use a cream as a pre-shave, which will provide nourishment. Pre-shave foams absorb facial moisture, leaving your skin dry. So, avoid foams and gels just to make shaving quicker.
9. Wash your face two to three times a day, no matter what the season.
10. Make sure you apply sunscreen, even if you’re indoors for most part of the day. If your skin is dry skin, go for sunscreens with SPF 30 or above. If your skin is oily, it’s ideal to use a gel-based sunscreen.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jul 21, 2017 08:23 IST