Fashion guide: Useful tips to look your best for Rakshabandhan
Worried about how to dress for Rakshabandhan? Experts suggest you upcycle your wedding dress and mix and match for best effect.fashion and trends Updated: Aug 01, 2017 10:34 IST
Opt for bright coloured attire or re-use your wedding dress without looking over-the-top on the occasion of Rakhi on August 8, say experts. Make-up artist Aashmeen Munjaal and fashion designer Anuradha Ramam have listed a few ways to add glamour to your look:
* Go for bright colours like royal blue, parrot green, dark maroon, red and fuchsia pink.
* A bling kurta and chudidar with a bandhani dupatta looks good. Accessorise with jhumki earings and wear light make-up. For the Indo-Western look, pair a blingy top with an ethnic printed silk skirt. The dupatta is optional.
* For the Western feel with a touch of ethnic wear, a long flowy gown in ikat and mangalgiri can be a good choice. Finish the look with ethnic jhumkas and a rustic silver neckpiece.
* A bridal attire can be easily re-used by making simple changes: Wear the blouse with a plain georgette or chiffon sari in a contrast colour. This will balance the heavy blouse. If the blouse is a corset, then it can be paired with a long flowy georgette or chiffon fabric with a thick border for functions in the day or the evening. Accessorise with a party clutch.
*The dupatta can be worn with a simple suit with a simple border. Accessorise with a classic watch and a party clutch. Or the dupatta can be worn with a short tunic paired with palazzo pants.
*The lehenga can be worn with a plain raw silk blouse or corset of a contrasting colour. The dupatta should have minimal embroidery. Wear minimal jewellery and carry a party clutch to complete the look.
* Make your eyes pop with a blue kajal applied on both the upper and lower lashes and skip eye shadow. Go for a smudge-proof kajal because the humid weather can spoil the look.
* Swipe a hint of peach blush on the cheek bones for a natural looking flush and avoid pink blush. As a general rule, always go for warmer shades of blush for a more natural looking finish.
* Don’t forget to fill the lips with a nice shade of lipstick. Opt for nude shades. Dab a little balm on the lips if they are dry or cracked. Slick on a layer of gloss to help the colour last for long. Apply matte orange or light pink lipstick.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 01, 2017 10:33 IST