Fashion guide: Useful tips to look your best for Rakshabandhan
Worried about how to dress for Rakshabandhan? Experts suggest you upcycle your wedding dress and mix and match for best effect.Updated: Aug 01, 2017, 10:34 IST
Opt for bright coloured attire or re-use your wedding dress without looking over-the-top on the occasion of Rakhi on August 8, say experts. Make-up artist Aashmeen Munjaal and fashion designer Anuradha Ramam have listed a few ways to add glamour to your look:
* Go for bright colours like royal blue, parrot green, dark maroon, red and fuchsia pink.
* A bling kurta and chudidar with a bandhani dupatta looks good. Accessorise with jhumki earings and wear light make-up. For the Indo-Western look, pair a blingy top with an ethnic printed silk skirt. The dupatta is optional.
* For the Western feel with a touch of ethnic wear, a long flowy gown in ikat and mangalgiri can be a good choice. Finish the look with ethnic jhumkas and a rustic silver neckpiece.
* A bridal attire can be easily re-used by making simple changes: Wear the blouse with a plain georgette or chiffon sari in a contrast colour. This will balance the heavy blouse. If the blouse is a corset, then it can be paired with a long flowy georgette or chiffon fabric with a thick border for functions in the day or the evening. Accessorise with a party clutch.
*The dupatta can be worn with a simple suit with a simple border. Accessorise with a classic watch and a party clutch. Or the dupatta can be worn with a short tunic paired with palazzo pants.
*The lehenga can be worn with a plain raw silk blouse or corset of a contrasting colour. The dupatta should have minimal embroidery. Wear minimal jewellery and carry a party clutch to complete the look.
* Make your eyes pop with a blue kajal applied on both the upper and lower lashes and skip eye shadow. Go for a smudge-proof kajal because the humid weather can spoil the look.
* Swipe a hint of peach blush on the cheek bones for a natural looking flush and avoid pink blush. As a general rule, always go for warmer shades of blush for a more natural looking finish.
* Don’t forget to fill the lips with a nice shade of lipstick. Opt for nude shades. Dab a little balm on the lips if they are dry or cracked. Slick on a layer of gloss to help the colour last for long. Apply matte orange or light pink lipstick.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more