5 of the best detox foods for cleansing and weight loss
Detox diet for weight loss: You won’t succeed in your weight loss goals and diet plan till you eliminate the toxins already in your body. Here are some foods that will speed up the detox process.Updated: Aug 04, 2018 15:29 IST
If you tend to overeat or eat too much junk food, it can make you feel bloated and unhealthy. And unless you detoxify your body, even switching to a healthy diet or exercising won’t help you feel better. Detoxification can also help with weight loss, so if you have hit a plateau, it could be because you need to get rid of toxins for better weight control. Here are 5 detox foods that you should include in your diet to see the difference:
* Lemons: Citric fruits such as lemon and oranges are great for detoxification. They are loaded with vitamin C, which can fight free-radicals which damage your body. They are alkaline in property and help restore the body’s pH balance. It also makes your immune system strong. It is recommended to start your day with a glass of lemon water to speed up your digestion. Other fresh fruits are also good for detoxification as they are rich in fibre.
* Green tea:Green tea as well as matcha tea are known to promote detoxification. Green tea contains antioxidants and boosts the performance of the liver. Matcha is high in a catechin which can help fight cancer. It also prevents heart disease, type 2 diabetes and aids in weight loss.
* Cabbage: Cabbages contain the chemical sulforaphane, which helps the body fight against toxins, as well as the antioxidant glutathione which boosts liver function. In its fermented form as sauerkraut, it contains beneficial bacteria that promotes bowel function and aids digestion.
* Leafy vegetables:Leafy greens can boost the level of chlorophyll in your digestive tract and help you detox. They are also very versatile and you can eat them as a salad or make a soup out of them.
* Beetroot: They have a good amount of fibre that boost production of antioxidant enzymes in the liver and can help the liver and gallbladder eliminate excess bile. Beetroot contains nutrients like magnesium, iron, and vitamin C as well.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more