Best superfoods for your diet, eat these 5 foods daily for good health
National Nutrition Week 2018: September 1 to 7 is celebrated as National Nutrition Week. Ahead of the day, we tell you about 5 superfoods that you need to incorporate into your diet now.
is held every year from September 1 to 7 to generate awareness about eating right for good health. The first such week was held in 1982 and aimed to highlight the causes of malnutrition and how to reduce it. A healthy diet lies at the core of good health and weight loss. And ‘superfoods’ define food that is nutritionally dense and good for your health.
Also read: Perfect diet plan for weight loss, here’s how to make food help you get fit
Here are 5 superfoods that you need to add to your diet:
* Eggs: Eggs are a great source of high quality protein, and are also rich in vitamin B2, vitamin D, and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. An egg has 6 grams of protein but just 72 calories, which makes it a good food for weight loss diets.
* Green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants and can boost your brain function, help in weight loss, and lower risk of cancer thanks to a phytochemical that slows down irregular cell growth.
* Avocado: Avocado contains fibre, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. It can reduce risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
* Mushrooms: Mushroom contains an abundance of vitamin D and A, as well as potassium, fibre, and antioxidants. Mushrooms reduce inflammation and prevent certain types of cancer.
* Pistachios: Pistachio contains a lot of protein and fibre and make for a tasty snack in moderation. They are also cholesterol-free and contain as much potassium as a small banana. It helps you get a healthy gut, and boosts weight loss.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more