Aerosmith’s Tyler asks Donald Trump to not use their song for campaign
This is said to be the second time Trump has been asked not to use the song, having been first warned after an event on August 21 in Mobile, Alabama.hollywood Updated: Oct 12, 2015 14:13 IST
The run-up to the US presidential elections of 2016 is getting more interesting with each day. Now, Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has reportedly asked Donald Trump to stop using his band’s song Dream On during his presidential campaign. According to the Hollywood Reporter, representatives for Tyler sent Donald Trump for President Inc. a cease-and-desist letter on October 10, asking that he stop using the track during campaign events.
This is said to be the second time Trump has been asked not to use the song, having been first warned after an event on August 21 in Mobile, Alabama. However he has continued to use it at events, including during a recent appearance in Georgia.
The cease-and-desist letter stated, “Trump for President does not have our client’s permission to use Dream On or any of our client’s other music in connection with the Campaign because it gives the false impression that he is connected with or endorses Mr Trump’s presidential bid.
Watch: Dream On by Aerosmith
“We are unaware of any public performance license granting Trump for President the right to perform Dream On in connection with the Campaign. If Trump for President has any such license, please forward it to our attention immediately.”
Trump is thought to be a big Aerosmith fan and last year he attended one of the band’s concerts, after which he tweeted, it “doesn’t get any better than that.”
He was also believed to have been on friendly terms with Tyler, reportedly bringing the singer to the Republican debate in August as a personal guest. “If Trump for President does not comply with our demands, our client will be forced to pursue any and all legal or equitable remedies which our client may have against you,” the letter concluded.
First Published: Oct 12, 2015 13:56 IST