Avengers Endgame leaked footage is real, Russo Brothers react with letter urging fans not to spoil the film
The five minutes of leaked Avengers: Endgame footage is real, fans who’ve seen it have said. Directors of the film Joe and Anthony Russo have issued a statement in the wake of the leak, adding to its credibility.
The leaked footage was reportedly recorded during a screening, and cobbled together to present a vague, but highly suggestive idea of the film. The Russos said in a statement/plea posted across their social media pages, “The two of us, along with everyone involved in Endgame, have worked tirelessly for the last three years with the sole intention of delivering a surprising and emotionally powerful conclusion to the Infinity Saga. When you see Endgame in the coming weeks, please don’t spoil it for others, the same way you wouldn’t want it spoiled for you.”
The message, which included an update of last year’s Avengers: Infinity War refrain ‘Thanos demands your silence’, was reposted by Mark Ruffalo as well.
Fans who watched the video have claimed that it appears to be real. “So I, uh, checked out that ENDGAME leaked footage to see if it’s real and, yeah, it’s real. Don’t look for it. And be careful because this means major spoilers are out there,” wrote film journalist Devin Faraci.
Another fan advised everyone to ‘be like Doctor Strange’, who ‘watched Endgame 14 million six hundred and five times’ but didn’t spoil it. Fans also shared screenshots of all the keywords they’ve muted on Twitter, to avoid spoilers.
A different contingent of fans wondered how a leak on such a scale was even possible, considering the unprecedented heights to which Marvel had gone to avoid this situation. “How does #AvengersEndgame footage (revealing some of the movie’s biggest moments) leak online? How?? I thought this movie was on lockdown until the world premiere a week from today???” one fan wrote.
Here are some more reactions:
Avengers: Endgame is scheduled for an April 26 release. The film stars Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Brie Larson, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Benedict Wong, Jon Favreau, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Josh Brolin.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.
- Kristen Stewart has been filming for her upcoming movie, Spencer. The Twilight star plays the role of Princess Diana in the movie.
- Nick Jonas revealed he began the making of his upcoming album Spaceman when his wife and actor Priyanka Chopra was filming for The Matrix 4 in Germany.
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.