Ben Affleck’s ex-wife Jennifer Garner helps actor check into rehab for third time
Gone Girl actor Ben Affleck has checked into rehab to receive treatment for his alcohol addiction, following an intervention by his former wife Jennifer Garner. Affleck, 46, who has long struggled with alcohol addiction, has earlier been to rehab in 2001 and 2017.
Garner looked “tearful” as she visited Affleck at his Pacific Palisades home on Wednesday afternoon, and shortly afterwards she drove him to a live-in facility in Malibu. A source told Entertainment Tonight: “Jen is proud of the strides he’s made, but some of his friends were worried he might be taking some steps backward and could be on a slippery slope. Ben wants nothing more than to get sober for his kids, for Jen and also for his career. He realises the dangers of what he could lose in life if he doesn’t stick to the programme, and dedicate himself to these big changes.”
The two-time Oscar winner has been open about his battles in the past as he sought help in 2001 and 2017. After his most recent stint, he wrote on his Facebook page in March last year: “I have completed treatment for alcohol addiction; something I’ve dealt with in the past and will continue to confront. I want to live life to the fullest and be the best father I can be. I want my kids to know there is no shame in getting help when you need it, and to be a source of strength for anyone out there who needs help but is afraid to take the first step.” The couple, who have three children, separated in 2015.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.
- In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Times, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, spoke about India's role in the future of the MCU, and the mind-bending WandaVision, the studio's first streaming series.