Delhi school events: DAVPS celebrates English Week with zeal
The Beyond the Books Club of the , department of English of DAVPS, East of Loni Road, celebrated Online English Week last month with all enthusiasm. The virtual platforms reverberated with exciting performances of the students. On that occasion, various kinds of interesting activities were organised for the students.
Those activities helped the students deepen their understanding of English language and make it part of their everyday life. The school was abuzz with a range of fun-filled activities and competitions such as character enactment, dialogue writing, debate, ad-mad, puppet show, spin ‘n’ speak, virtual plays and quizzes.
The highlight of the week was the news reporting wherein the students of Classes 11 and 12 paid tribute to the corona warriors. The gaiety and excitement shown by the children through their participation in those competitions was the best reward for teachers.
The fun-filled week finally culminated with melodies by tiny tots. The celebration was an illustrious success with maximum participation of the students which helped them enhance their varied skills and motivated them to keep turning pages ‘beyond the books. That event week brought students closer to the magic of English language and literature.
All the participants were lauded by Principal Sameeksha Sharma. The splendour and success of that online celebration was undoubtedly a byproduct of the collaborative efforts of the teachers and parents. Until next time, bid adieu English Week 2020!
SD Public School (SDPS), East Punjabi Bagh, organised a special assembly to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, great freedom fighter, on a virtual platform. The children participated in that event with zeal and marked the day with beautiful slogans, speeches and placards.
The visionaries of SDPS -- chairman Dayal Chand Garg, manager Gopal Krishan Gupta and principal Dr. Umesh Kumar Chhikara believe in unity and strength.
The morning assembly is a channel to meet the shiny faces. The day begins with a holy gesture in cool and calm surroundings and imparts important information to the student community and the teaching fraternity. It is the only mode to thank the God for each and every minute thing given by Him for the comfort of the living creatures.
The present has its roots deep down in the past and the past should be kept alive through various mediums to imbibe the bond of strength.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A plethora of activities were organised during the festival like aerobics, taekwondo, karate, kickboxing, yoga, poster making, slogan writing and poem recitation.
- The general population is expected to get the dose after it, which means the wait for them ranges between three and six months.
- Season 2 of CSP will be divided in different categories as per the new curricular and pedagogical structure of the primary, middle and secondary school students.
- With India on the verge of joining the rest of the world by immunizing its population of 1.3 billion against covid-19, there couldn't be a better time and occasion to also understand what is vaccination?
- The Uddhav Thackeray government allotted 102 acres of salt pan land to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for building an integrated car shed in Kanjurmarg, in east-central Mumbai, last year in a decision opposed by the Centre, which claimed ownership.
- The little artists created art using twigs, dry leaves, pebbles, grass etc. The activity helped develop their motor skills and imagination.
- The Covid-19 pandemic disrupted the original celebration-related plans of the school but with the help of the patrons a special online platform was developed to hold various competitions.
- While the department had earlier decided to do away with the FCFS rounds this year, the decision was revoked owing to a large number of students still without seats after five admission rounds.
- Around 100 players from different schools of the district participated in the competitions.
- Kartik again proved that persistence and determination are a sure way to success and glory.