10700 MW solar power projects to be installed in UP by 2022, says CM Yogi Adityanath
Uttar Pradesh Chief minister Yogi Adityanath has said that 10700 Mega Watts (MW) solar power projects will be installed in Uttar Pradesh by 2022.
Adityanath was attending the Renewable Energy Investors Meet and Expo Invest 2020 (3rd Re-Invest) on Friday.
“The Chief Minister said that Uttar Pradesh is moving ahead with full commitment towards large scale unlimited solar power generation from renewable energy sources. The target is to set up 10700 MW solar power projects in the state by 2022. Efforts are on to achieve this target,” read the press statement in Hindi from the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister’s Office on Friday.
The press statement read, “Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that our basic mantra is ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’. There should be investment in every part of the state. The projects that will be set up in Bundelkhand and Purvanchal areas, along with other facilities for those projects. the state government is working seriously for grid connectivity.”
Adityanath in a tweet said, “I am confident that under the leadership of respected PM Shri Narendra Modi, the confidence with which the Ministry of Energy has organized the third Re-Invest Summit, it will surely achieve its goals. Undoubtedly, in the field of energy, our country will set a new milestone of self-reliance.”
The press statement added, “The state government is determined to provide electricity to every household. Almost all the villages have been electrified by the Government of Uttar Pradesh and under the Saubhagya Scheme or Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, a target has been set to provide electricity to every household. In this scheme, solar energy also contributes greatly.”
On November 26, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the 3rd virtual Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) and expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity is becoming a reality.
The summit is organized by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’, according to a press statement from the Prime Minister’s Office on Thursday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Union minister for culture and tourism Prahlad Patel said government is addressing the lack of adventure sports equipment in Kargil.
- In contrast to the violence seen in the Capital, farmers held peaceful rallies across the country to protest against the farm laws.
- India put on display its war machines at a time when the country is locked in a tense border stand-off with China.
- The chaos and violence have raised questions about the future of the two-month-long agitation of farm unions.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in a letter sent to her Indian counterpart, conveyed her greetings.
- Tuesday's decision to operate all trains comes a day after a meeting to resume local train services for all passengers was chaired by Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- Khattar said that unsavoury events on Tuesday deserved to be condemned in the strongest words.
- Governor RN Ravi said 'politics by gun' has stonewalled efforts to resolve the Naga political issue.
- No details were shared about the meeting, although a functionary said the party sees similarities in Tuesday’s protests with last year's anti-CAA agitation.
- Putting the onus of Tuesday's events on the government and questioning it for not accepting the farmers demands, Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said it was not right on the government's part to create a facade of talks and neither conceding to their demands nor proposing any solution.