Another shocker from Haryana: 11-year-old raped, murdered in Panipat; 2 neighbours arrested
Two days after a 15-year-old girl’s brutalised body was found near a canal in Budhakhera village of Jind’s Safidon town, a similar incident was reported in the adjoining district of Panipat. A semi-naked body of a 11-year-old Dalit girl was recovered from a deserted place on the outskirts of Urlana Kalan village of Panipat district on Sunday morning.
Police have arrested two persons, identified as Pradeep Kumar, 28, and Sagar, 22, who are residents of the same village in connection with the case.
Panipat superintendent of police Rahul Sharma said that the accused are the girl’s neighbours and have confessed to the crime.
“As per a family member, the girl, a student of Class 6, had gone missing on Saturday evening when she went to throw the garbage. Her body was spotted by the police the next morning, who called the police,” the SP said.
Soon after getting information, police reached the village and started investigation. “The police suspected the involvement of the two neighbours. During interrogation , the duo admitted to the crime. We have also recovered half burnt clothes of the victim from their possession,” the SP said.
As per police sources, the accused told the police that they had kidnapped the girl on Saturday night and taken her to a deserted place, where they tried to rape her. When the girl tried to resist, they strangulated her with a scarf.
They have even reportedly admitted to trying to have sex with the corpse after murdering the girl.
Madlauda police station in-charge Sandeep Kumar said the postmortem has been conducted and the body was handed over to the family.
The accused have been booked under Section 302 (murder), 366 (Kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman to compel her marriage), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and prevention of children from sexual offences (POCSO) Act.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On Thursday, the state reported 5771 cases with a test positivity rate (TPR) of 9.87. The active case load is 72,392 and it reported 19 deaths taking the death toll to 3682. Almost 45 per cent of fresh cases of the country are from Kerala.
- The resolution in the Assembly also extended support to the protesting farmers.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Additional Sessions Judge Amitabh Rawat said in a case of conspiracy of such a large scale, not having a video was not so vital as generally conspiracy, by its very nature, is hatched in secrecy and not having videos of such a conspiracy was obvious rather than doubtful.
- According to the pay revision committee's report, Telangana was also lagging behind in terms of population-workforce ratio, compared to many other states.
- In his customary address at the National Cadet Corps rally, the PM said whether it was the protective cover of the vaccine or dealing with those who challenge India, the country was capable on every front.
- On December 24, the All India Congress Committee (AICC) formally approved a tie-up with the Left parties in Bengal.