Neeraj Mohan is a correspondent, covering Karnal, Kaithal, Kurukshetra, Panipat and Yamunanagar districts of Haryana.
Articles by Neeraj Mohan
UPDATED ON FEB 21, 2021 12:59 AM IST
The total proposed land for this project is 172 acres, 3 kanal and 16 marla. Out of this, 106 acres, 6 kanal and 14 marla belongs to the government of Haryana while the remaining is being acquired from 24 landowners and shareholders of Kalwheri village.
UPDATED ON FEB 18, 2021 01:57 AM IST
Mustard seed growers in Haryana are elated as the price of their produce has crossed the minimum support price
By Neeraj Mohan, Gumthla Garhu (kurukshetra)
UPDATED ON FEB 10, 2021 01:52 AM IST
Urging farmers to stay united and support the agitation, Tikait said, “They are trying to divide us on the basis of religion, region and size of land holdings. But a farmer is a farmer and we all are united against these laws.”
PUBLISHED ON FEB 09, 2021 11:53 PM IST
Gumthla Garhu (Kurukshetra): Bharatiya Kisan Union leader Rakesh Tikait on Tuesday hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his statements in Rajya Sabha and said that the Sanyukt Kisan Morcha will hold kisan mahapanchayats across the country in a bid to intensify the farmers’ agitation against the Centre’s three new farm laws
UPDATED ON FEB 06, 2021 01:15 PM IST
Haryana Police create alternative routes on NH44 as protesters hold three-hour blockade in Kurukshetra, Karnal and Panipat against the internet shutdown at the protest sites
UPDATED ON FEB 06, 2021 01:01 PM IST
- Protesting farmer unions have asked local farmers to ensure the Saturday protests remain peaceful and the movement of ambulances, marriage parties and media persons is allowed.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 05, 2021 03:29 AM IST
Home minister Amit Shah met NSA Ajit Doval to review the security situation in Delhi ahead of the farmers’ highway blockade on Feb 6.
By Karn Pratap Singh, Fareeha Iftikhar, Anvit Shrivastava and Neeraj Mohan
PUBLISHED ON FEB 04, 2021 11:36 PM IST
New Delhi/Karnal Farm unions agitating against three agriculture laws announced on Thursday that no protester will enter Delhi during a three-hour nationwide highway blockade on February 6 in a bid to avoid a repeat of the clashes and violence witnesses on Republic Day
UPDATED ON JAN 29, 2021 02:40 PM IST
- In Panipat, protesting farmers resumed their protest at the toll plaza in the district on NH 44 and opened the barriers, allowing free passage of vehicles
PUBLISHED ON JAN 28, 2021 03:12 PM IST
In a video message, Charuni also warned the BJP-led Haryana government against using police force on the farmers who were protesting peacefully for the past one month
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 05:16 AM IST
- Farm leaders alleged Sidhu — who earlier publicly aired his differences with the Samyukt Kisan Morcha — tried to defame the farmers’ stir.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 27, 2021 04:09 AM IST
- Even farmers, who were earlier excited about the tractor rally and spent the day glued to their phones and television sets, said the violence on the streets of Delhi and outside the Red Fort weakened the movement.
UPDATED ON JAN 25, 2021 03:12 PM IST
Shifting of Khattar’s programme from Panipat has necessitated change in state Governor Satyadeo Narain Arya’s programme from Panchkula to Haryana Raj Bhawan at Chandigarh
PUBLISHED ON JAN 23, 2021 03:45 PM IST
Gurnam Singh Charuni says though protests against political rallies will continue, supporters will not disrupt or oppose any R-Day function lest it sends a wrong message.
UPDATED ON JAN 18, 2021 06:13 PM IST
- As per the jail authorities, the RJs included a 24 years old Afghanistan national Nimatullaha, who is in Panipat jail for illegal stay in India without a valid visa.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 16, 2021 03:38 PM IST
- Kaithal superintendent of police, Lokender Singh said that some people were protesting at the vaccination centre and therefore the drive was shifted to the civil hospital.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 11, 2021 06:28 AM IST
Khattar’s Kisan Mahapanchayat was aimed to drum up support for the three contentious agriculture laws that have triggered widespread protests in North India, particulary at the borders of the national capital, where farmers have been protesting since November-end.
UPDATED ON JAN 10, 2021 05:07 PM IST
- The protestors, who easily outnumbered the police, vandalised the event venue which led to a major scuffle with the organisers of the Kisan Panchayat.
By Neeraj Mohan | Edited by Abhinav Sahay, Karnal'
PUBLISHED ON JAN 10, 2021 11:34 AM IST
- Kisan Mahapanchayat: Additional forces from the nearby districts have been called in and duty magistrates have been appointed to monitor the law and order situation
PUBLISHED ON JAN 07, 2021 11:28 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JAN 07, 2021 11:23 PM IST
By Neeraj Mohan | Hindustan Times, Karnal, Karnal
UPDATED ON JAN 07, 2021 01:16 AM IST
Will be conducted in the next six months to find out the impact on their health due to the pollution caused by the facility as alleged by the locals in their complaint to the agency
PUBLISHED ON JAN 06, 2021 03:24 AM IST
UPDATED ON JAN 03, 2021 10:50 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JAN 03, 2021 01:32 AM IST
UPDATED ON JAN 01, 2021 03:50 AM IST
PUBLISHED ON DEC 29, 2020 10:49 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON DEC 28, 2020 12:05 AM IST
By Neeraj Mohan | Edited by Abhinav Sahay | Hindustan Times, Karnal
UPDATED ON DEC 27, 2020 09:44 AM IST
Protesting Haryana farmers say the toll plazas will remain free of charge for commute as long as the protests at Delhi borders last.
By Neeraj Mohan | Hindustan Times, Karnal, Karnal
UPDATED ON DEC 24, 2020 08:50 PM IST
As per the previous schedule, the examinations of the odd semesters of graduation and post-graduation courses were slated to be held in December.