Cabinet clears Dearness Allowance hike. All you need to know in 5 points
The Union Cabinet on Friday gave the nod for a 4 per cent increase in dearness allowances (DA) for all government employees and pensioners to 21 per cent. The move will benefit over 1.13 crore people.
1. The move to hike dearness allowances will come into effect retrospectively from January 1, 2020.
2. The Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the release of an additional instalment of dearness allowance (DA) to all central government employees and dearness relief (DR) for pensioners.
3. There will be an increase of 4 per cent over the existing rate of 17 per cent of the basic pay/pension to compensate for rise in prices of essential commodities.
4. It will benefit about 48.34 lakh central government employees and 65.26 lakh pensioners.
5. The increase is based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission. And the increase will also be calculated based on accepted formula.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.
- The AAP has already announced it would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly.
- A forest official said the big cat was five to six years old.
- The JD (U) organised programmes at every village across the state as Vikas Diwas to highlight the development work done under Nitish Kumar in the last 15 years.