Comedian Bharti Singh, husband Harsh Limbachiya granted bail by Mumbai court in drugs case
A Mumbai court on Monday granted comedian Bharti Singh and her husband Harsh Limbachiya granted bail in a drugs case. The couple was arrested on Saturday by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) after seizure of ganja (cannabis) from their house in suburban Andheri.
The couple was granted bail by the magistrates court on a bond of Rs 15,000 each.
Singh and Limbachiyaa were booked under sections 20(b)(ii)(A) (involves small quantity of drugs) and 8(c) (possession of drugs) and 27 (consumption of drugs) of the NDPS Act.
The arrest of the comedian and her husband comes in the wake of questioning of several Bollywood actors by the central agency for drugs usage.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The chaos and violence have raised questions about the future of the two-month-long agitation of farm unions.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in a letter sent to her Indian counterpart, conveyed her greetings.
- Tuesday's decision to operate all trains comes a day after a meeting to resume local train services for all passengers was chaired by Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray.
- Khattar said that unsavoury events on Tuesday deserved to be condemned in the strongest words.
- Governor RN Ravi said 'politics by gun' has stonewalled efforts to resolve the Naga political issue.
- No details were shared about the meeting, although a functionary said the party sees similarities in Tuesday’s protests with last year's anti-CAA agitation.
- Putting the onus of Tuesday's events on the government and questioning it for not accepting the farmers demands, Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said it was not right on the government's part to create a facade of talks and neither conceding to their demands nor proposing any solution.