Doctor killed, 6 others injured after vehicle ploughs into wedding procession in Uttarakhand
A 25-year-old ayurvedic doctor died and six others were persons injured after a pick up vehicle rammed into a wedding procession in Rampur Road in Haldwani area on Monday night, said police Tuesday.
The incident happened when the guests were dancing on the road.
Sanjay Kumar, inspector at Haldwani police station said, “Property dealer Amit Upreti was getting married on Monday in Haldwani.The wedding was being held at a banquet hall at Rampur Road in Haldwani. His relatives had come from Meerut to attend his marriage. When his friends and family members were dancing in the wedding procession, a speeding pick up vehicle suddenly rammed into the procession”.
Kumar said seven persons were injured in the incident. “All injured persons were rushed to Dr. Susheela Tiwari government hospital in Haldwani, where doctors declared one person brought dead. Five of the injured injured are being treated, while one was referred to a higher health facility”, he said
The deceased has been identified as Aryan, 25-year-old resident of Sanjay Nagar in Uttar Pradesh. He was a BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) doctor. The injured person who was referred to a different facility has been identified as Ansh, an 18-year-old resident of Meerut.
“The five other injured include Lovely, Somi, Bobby, Amit Upreti, and Hema Joshi “ he said.
“The footage of CCTV cameras installed on Rampur Road is being scanned to identify the vehicle driver. We will arrest him soon” Kumar said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Farmers will discuss the proposal given by the government to hold the implementation of farm laws for 18 months and permission for Republic Day's tractor rally in Friday's meeting.
- The petition demanded an immediate ban on further screening of the web series and sought directions from the Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to set up a pre-screening committee for censoring content of similar web series, movies or other programmes release on OTT platforms.
- Uttarakhand at present has over 92,000 doses of Covishield vaccine, after a second consignment was received by the state on Wednesday afternoon. The state received the first consignment of 1.13 lakh vaccines on January 13.
- The plea before the court was made by BJP councillor Prabhakar Tukaram Shinde, who is currently the Group Leader of the BJP in MCGM.
- BJP state unit general secretary Ashwani Tyagi said the party’s national chief reviewed the working of the ministers. He applauded the state government and CM Yogi Adityanath for providing momentum to development work amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Anit Thapa refuted the portal's claim and claimed it was a conspiracy.