Explain Covid-19 vaccine in simple terms to people, PM Modi tells drug makers
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday held a meeting with three teams working developing and manufacturing a vaccine against the coronavirus disease. He appreciated the efforts put in by scientists across firms to come with a vaccine to tackle the prevailing pandemic situation.
Apart from discussing the potential of various platforms for vaccine development, the Prime Minister also asked the pharmaceutical firms to take extra efforts to inform the general public in simple language about the vaccine and related matters such as its efficacy etc.
Follow latest updates on coronavirus here
In a meeting with representatives from Gennova Biopharmaceuticals Ltd Pune, Biological E Ltd Hyderabad and Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd Hyderabad, Modi discussed key issues, including logistics, transport, cold chain, related to the production, procurement and delivery of the Covid-19 vaccine
PM Modi also asked the companies to come up with suggestions and ideas regarding the regulatory processes. All the vaccine candidates discussed are at different stages of trials and detailed data and results are expected early next year onwards, the Prime Minister’s office said in a statement.
The Prime Minister has advised all the departments concerned to engage with the manufacturers and seek to resolve matters so that the efforts by these companies bear fruit in order to serve the needs of the country and the entire world, the statement added.
Monday’s virtual meet is the second such interaction that the PM had with the teams working to develop the Covid-19 vaccine. On Saturday, the PM was in Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Pune to review the development and manufacturing process of coronavirus vaccines at facilities in these cities.
He first visited the Zydus Cadila’s manufacturing facility near Ahmedabad, where he was briefed about the vaccine development process. He then visited Bharat Biotech’s vaccine manufacturing facility at Genome valley, located around 20 km from the Hyderabad air station and final visit was to the Serum Institute of India (SII) at Manjari, in Pune where he interacted with the scientists and other executives, who briefed him on the vaccine’s progress.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The situation in the Ladakh sector remains tense and the ongoing military and diplomatic dialogue has not yielded results.
- A school teacher said more than 200 cows destroyed the kitchen garden and at least 100 plants of flowers, fruits and medicinal plant in the school premises.
- The circular said that all officers and personnel as well as CAPF and any other force deployed for the Republic Day Parade security arrangements should be made aware and be prepared that they will be required for law and order arrangements immediately after the official celebration is over.
- Delhi traffic police requested road users to accordingly plan their journies and avoid the route of parade and tableaux, from 4 am to 12:30 pm for their own convenience.
- According to the FIR registered by the police, the estimated value of the tiger skin that was seized is ₹40 lakh in the international market.
- One CA was arrested on Saturday along with four businessmen in Jaipur for operating 25 fake firms to fraudulently avail and pass on input tax credit.
- While addressing a press conference, Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken demanded an explanation of how exactly has the government spent ₹20 lakh crore that it "collected by multiple hikes in excise duty on both petrol and diesel" in last six years.
- The girl claims that the college has withheld her diploma certificate for non-payment of dues.