As many as 63,30,00, or over 56% of the failed transactions as of July 31, were successfully reprocessed but beneficiaries in the remaining 44% may not have received the money, according to information obtained from the agriculture department under the Right to Information (RTI) Act. (Representative Image)(PTI file photo)
As many as 63,30,00, or over 56% of the failed transactions as of July 31, were successfully reprocessed but beneficiaries in the remaining 44% may not have received the money, according to information obtained from the agriculture department under the Right to Information (RTI) Act. (Representative Image)(PTI file photo)

News updates from HT: Over a million PM Kisan fund transfers failed during lockdown and all the latest news

Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
By hindustantimes.com
UPDATED ON JAN 27, 2021 05:05 PM IST

Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.

Over a million PM Kisan fund transfers failed during lockdown

Over 1.12 million fund transfer failures were reported across the country under the PM-Kisan scheme during the Covid lockdown between March 23 and July 31. As many as 63,30,00, or over 56% of the failed transactions as of July 31, were successfully reprocessed but beneficiaries in the remaining 44% may not have received the money, according to information obtained from the agriculture department under the Right to Information (RTI) Act. Read more

IRCTC to resume services for Tejas trains from February 14

Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) Limited is scheduled to restart operations for ‘private’ Tejas Express trains on the Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai routes from February 14, Livemint reported quoting ministry of railways. Read more

'Freedom of speech not absolute': SC tells makers of web series 'Tandav'

The directors and actors of web series 'Tandav', and head of Amazon Prime India Aparna Purohit failed to get protection from arrest from Supreme Court on Wednesday. Read more

Chinese vaccine trial in Dhaka fell through. Its state media blames New Delhi

Trials for Chinese Covid-19 vaccine Sinovac were halted in Bangladesh last year due to meddling by India, China’s state media has claimed in a report on Tuesday, accusing New Delhi of torpedoing Beijing's efforts to push its vaccine in Dhaka. Read more

Sourav Ganguly taken to hospital after complaining of chest pain

Former Indian captain and current BCCI chief Sourav Ganguly has reached the Apollo Hospital in Kolkata after experiencing discomfort in chest just weeks after undergoing treatment for a heart related ailment. Read more

Apple Watch Black Unity launched for Black History Month

Apple has launched a limited edition Apple Watch in celebration of Black History Month. It’s the Black Unity Collection Apple Watch Series 6 featuring the Black Unity Sport Band and a Unity watch face. Read more

Sona Mohapatra calls Preity Zinta a 'minion of patriarchy' for the 'Sweetu-MeToo' comment she made in 2018

Singer Sona Mohapatra has expressed anger at a Twitter user who commented on one of her recent tweets. The person had made an insensitive remark about the MeToo movement, which was first said by actor Preity Zinta in a 2018 interview. Read more

Mira Rajput sets Shahid Kapoor swooning over her 'magic' in abstract print dress

Ahead of Valentine’s month, Cupid is already at work and shooting love arrows between Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput which instills our faith in romance. However, a larger part of this romantic vibe was contributed by Mira’s abstract print dress which the diva flaunted recently from her Goa vacay and Shahid could not keep calm. Read more

Horrifying videos show 15-foot-long shark gnawing motor boat off Florida coast. Watch

In an alarming incident, a motor boat out for fishing off a Florida coast experienced a scary encounter with a 16-foot-long shark. The images and clips shared on Facebook by Erika Almond, one of the passengers of the boat, has now grabbed the attention of netizens. Read more

Watch: Delhi violence | 'Deep Sidhu's photos with PM Modi...': Farmer leader reacts

A day after farmer protestors' tractor rally deteriorated into chaos and vandalism, SS Pandher, General Secretary of the Kisan Mazdoor Sangharsh Committee, alleged that miscreants had infiltrated the farmers' ranks to defame the agitation. Watch here

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Close
Senior citizens getting vaccinated against Covid-19 at sector 30 district hospital, in Noida, India.(Sunil Ghosh/ HT Photo)
Senior citizens getting vaccinated against Covid-19 at sector 30 district hospital, in Noida, India.(Sunil Ghosh/ HT Photo)

89-year-old couple; 4 family members who survived Covid-19 to get jabs

PTI
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 07:35 PM IST
The second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination drive began, with jabs being given to citizens aged 60 and above, and those in 45-59 age bracket with comorbidities.
Close
Foreign minister S Jaishankar being given the Covid-19 vaccine on Monday.(Twitter/@DrSJaishankar)
Foreign minister S Jaishankar being given the Covid-19 vaccine on Monday.(Twitter/@DrSJaishankar)

Union ministers Amit Shah, S Jaishankar get Covid-19 vaccine after PM Modi

By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 07:34 PM IST
The government had announced last week that everyone above 60 years of age and those over 45 years with comorbidities will be able to get the Covid-19 vaccine from March 1 for free at government facilities and for a charge at many private hospitals.
Close
Political strategist Prashant Kishor (HT File Photo)
Political strategist Prashant Kishor (HT File Photo)

Ahead of Punjab polls, Prashant Kishor is Amarinder Singh's Political Advisor

By hindustantimes.com | Written by Karan Manral, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 07:22 PM IST
“Look forward to working together for the betterment of the people of Punjab!” CM Captain Amarinder Singh tweeted on Monday.
Close
Mizoram CM Zoramthanga chaired the cabinet meet on Sunday.(PTI Photo)
Mizoram CM Zoramthanga chaired the cabinet meet on Sunday.(PTI Photo)

Mizoram CM presents budget for FY22 with outlay of 11 crore

PTI
UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:42 PM IST
The CM, who also holds the finance portfolio, said the state government is constantly taking measures to increase its revenue from all sectors.
Close
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee with RJD leader Tejaswi Yadav at State Secretariat, in Kolkata on Monday.(PTI)
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee with RJD leader Tejaswi Yadav at State Secretariat, in Kolkata on Monday.(PTI)

Tejashwi Yadav meets Mamata Banerjee, offers full support in Bengal polls

UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:41 PM IST
  • The RJD will contest a few assembly seats in Bengal as an ally of the ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC).
Close
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar receives the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine, in Patna on Monday. (ANI Photo)
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar receives the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine, in Patna on Monday. (ANI Photo)

'Bihar to provide free Covid-19 vaccines, even at private hospitals', says CM

By hindustantimes.com | Written by Deepali Sharma, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:22 PM IST
The chief minister after getting vaccinated also urged the people of the state to come forward and get vaccinated .
Close
Thousands of farmers, mostly from Punjab, Haryana and western Uttar Pradesh, have been camping at three Delhi border points.(Reuters file photo)
Thousands of farmers, mostly from Punjab, Haryana and western Uttar Pradesh, have been camping at three Delhi border points.(Reuters file photo)

Not afraid of coronavirus, won't take jabs: Farmer leaders

PTI, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:15 PM IST
However, they also said they will not stop any farmer camping at several Delhi borders from getting vaccinated as it is an individual choice.
Close
National health authority chairman R S Sharma . (HT archive)
National health authority chairman R S Sharma . (HT archive)

PM taking Covid-19 vaccine a powerful message: NHA chief RS Sharma

UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:37 PM IST
National Health Authority chairperson RS Sharma, who oversaw the Aadhaar drive, told HT that the government expects vaccination to scale up from the current 800,000 per day to at least 2.7million daily in this phase
Close
The Bombay High Court at Goa.(Courtesy- http://www.hcbombayatgoa.nic.in/)
The Bombay High Court at Goa.(Courtesy- http://www.hcbombayatgoa.nic.in/)

Bombay HC sets aside quota in Goa municipal polls for constitutional breach

By Gerard de Souza
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 05:42 PM IST
  • The Bombay High Court at Goa directed the Director of Municipal Administration issue a fresh notification within 10 days ensuring reservation for women of not less than one-third of the total number of seats reserved for direct elections to the Municipal Councils.
Close
The woman who was allegedly attacked is visited by BJP's Agnimitra Paul (Left).(Twitter/@BJP4Bengal)
The woman who was allegedly attacked is visited by BJP's Agnimitra Paul (Left).(Twitter/@BJP4Bengal)

BJP vs Trinamool, now over attack on 82-year-old woman in Bengal

By HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Kolkata
UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:18 PM IST
The BJP said the woman is the mother of Gopal Majumdar, a local party worker, who was attacked by TMC supporters. The TMC termed it "fake news".
Close
Representational image.
Representational image.

Brace for very hot days and warm nights in NW India this summer

By Jayashree Nandi
UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 05:56 PM IST
Interestingly, the IMD outlook also states that currently, moderate La Niña conditions are prevailing over the equatorial Pacific, and sea surface temperatures are below normal over the central and eastern equatorial Pacific Ocean
Close
Amid a surge in coronavirus cases in the past few days, the Maharashtra government has imposed a lockdown in Amravati.(ANI)
Amid a surge in coronavirus cases in the past few days, the Maharashtra government has imposed a lockdown in Amravati.(ANI)

Amravati MLA demands Maharashtra government to lift Covid-19 lockdown

ANI, Amravati, Maharashtra
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 05:11 PM IST
"If a lockdown is not taken back from the Amravati, then we will not allow the assembly session to be run. The Chief Minister must take back his decision of lockdown in the Amarvati," said independent MLA Ravi Rana.
Close
A stone crusher at work.(Representational photo)
A stone crusher at work.(Representational photo)

‘Disastrous’, say green activists as J-K govt gives free pass to stone crushers

By Mir Ehsan | Edited by Sabir Hussain
UPDATED ON MAR 01, 2021 05:28 PM IST
  • Environmentalist have warned that the decision to allow stone crushers and hot and wet mixing plants to operate without license could have disastrous consequences for Jammu and Kashmir.
Close
Former Puducherry chief minister V Narayanasamy.(HT File Photo)
Former Puducherry chief minister V Narayanasamy.(HT File Photo)

News updates from HT: Narayanasamy tells Shah to prove corruption or face defama

By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 04:51 PM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Close
Union minister for health & family welfare, science & technology and earth sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan addressing a press conference. (ANI Photo )
Union minister for health & family welfare, science & technology and earth sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan addressing a press conference. (ANI Photo )

No issue in Co-WIN portal, walk-in systems to be streamlined: Harsh Vardhan

By Susmita Pakrasi | ANI, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 04:44 PM IST
On the recent spike in cases especially in Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab, and Jammu and Kashmir, Vardhan said that there is no link in the increase in cases and the mutation of the virus.
Close
SHARE
Story Saved
OPEN APP