Not included in Assam’s citizen register? Here’s how applicants can file claims
The complete draft of the contentious National Register of Citizens (NRC) published on Monday includes names of all eligible applicants. But those applicants who fail to find their names in the list can submit claim in a prescribed form.
There is also provision to file objection against any ineligible name that have been included in the list. Applicants can also seek corrections if there are errors in the spellings of their names, age, address details etc. The final NRC will be published only after disposal of all claims, objections and corrections. Here’s what you need to know about the process.
1) There will be separate forms for claims, objections and corrections.
2) Only those applicants who had submitted NRC applications until August 31, 2015 can submit claims.
3) Objections can be submitted by any person.
4) Claims can be submitted only at the NRC ‘seva kendra’ (NSK) where the claimant had submitted their application. Even if the applicant has changed address after submitting application, they will need to submit claim only at the NSK where the application was first submitted.
5) Objections can be submitted only at the NSK covering the residence of the person against whom the objection has been submitted.
6) Claim and objection is required to be submitted to the Local Registrar of Citizen Registration (LRCR) at the NSK.
7) Claims, objections and correction forms will be received from August 30, 2018 to September 28, 2018 in the prescribed form.
8) Forms for claim, objection and correction will be available at NSKs and can also be downloaded from www.nrcassam.nic.in from August 7, 2018 onwards.
9) As per reason of non-inclusion, the claim can be submitted with additional documents or with the same documents as submitted earlier.
10) Objection will require submission of grounds for objection
11) If an applicant wants to know reason for non-inclusion of names, they will need to submit an application to LRCR at the designated NSK asking for the reason for non-inclusion of name in the complete draft. This process will start from August 7, 2018 to September 28, 2018. Forms for this application will be available at NSK and can also be downloaded from www.nrcassam.nic.in
It must be noted that:
■ Complete draft NRC and final NRC will contain particulars of only those persons born up to the last date of submission of the application (August 31, 2015) and whose names are submitted in the application form. Inclusion of any child born to an applicant after August 31, 2018 can’t be done through claims.
■ If any applicant died after submission of application form, his/her name (in case eligible) will not be excluded from the complete draft NRC.
■ Claims and objections can only be submitted at the NSKs and not online. Corrections, however, can also be made online.