Uttarakhand reports 62% vaccination, more than 10,000 health workers inoculated
- Since January 16, a total of 10,514 healthcare workers have been vaccinated in Uttarakhand in 171 sessions.
Uttarakhand registered 62% vaccination on Friday with over 10,000 healthcare workers getting inoculated in the state so far.
The vaccination target for Friday was 3,703 healthcare workers of which 2,308 were vaccinated in 35 sessions.
Kuldeep Singh Martoliya, state Covid-19 vaccination officer said that on Friday till 6 pm, only one AEFI (adverse event following immunization) had been reported from Bageshwar district of the state.
Since January 16, a total of 10,514 healthcare workers have been vaccinated in Uttarakhand in 171 sessions.
On Friday, the districts that reported the highest vaccination included Dehradun (440), US Nagar (241), Nainital (230), Haridwar (190) and Champawat (165). The districts that reported low vaccination included Bageshwar (96) and Pithoragarh (100)
On Thursday, the state had reported 59% vaccination out of the targeted 3,528 healthcare workers
Uttarakhand, at present, has over 92,000 doses of Covishield vaccine, after a second consignment was received by the state on Wednesday. The state received the first consignment of 1.13 lakh vaccines on January 13. With almost 200,000 doses of the vaccine available in the state, officials managing the vaccine store in Dehradun are on their toes to ensure that not a single dose can go waste.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Addressing the concluding session of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state president K Surendran’s “Vijay Yatra” in the state capital, Shah posed five questions to the CM.
- Addressing a state conference for its cadres on the outskirts of Trichy, Stalin said a DMK government will give ₹1,000 every month to housewives and create a million jobs every month.
- The meeting came a week after Tewari and other letter writers, the group has been tagged the G23, addressed a meeting in Jammu in honour of retired MP Ghulam Nabi Azad.
- In Tamil Nadu, the Congress is in alliance with the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagham (DMK).
- The observations from the Union health ministry come a day after the country reported the largest single-day increase in new Covid-19 infections in two months.
- Smriti Irani says, "I’m the only female politician who’s also recognised by her former vocation. I recognise the bias in that."
- An official said that both Houses could meet at 11 am from the second week following the vaccination of eligible MPs.
- A suicide note found at the spot said they took the decision because of acute financial distress, an official said.
- The changes have been opposed by some states who see it as another attempt by the Centre to take over mining auctions and impose central rules on a state domain.
- A re-invigorated biodiversity management policy is India’s survival strategy. At this point in our development trajectory, we don’t pay any heed to either biodiversity or landscape conservation.
- According to Forest Survey of India’s forest fire alert system, there were 2,317 fire points last year between February 26 and March 7, but the figure rose to 53,211 this time after data from the Suomi National Polar-orbiting Partnership (SNPP) was taken into account.