Now file your tax returns in 15 minutes
Now you can file IT returns online too. This is free of cost and takes only 15 minutes. Click here to learn a few tips that will make your job easier...india Updated: Jul 27, 2007 15:32 IST
With only five days left to file income tax returns, small-time tax payers are quite hassled and worried. These are some tips to make tax payers' work easier.
July 31st is the last date to file the IT returns for the assessment year. Now you can even file IT returns online too as which is free of cost and it only takes 15 minutes of your time.
These are the steps:
1. Go to www.incometaxindia.gov.in
2. Register yourself with your 'PAN no' as your login ID.
3. Download the software of that form (its nothing but a PDF file). Same form is attached. You require Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 and above. (Filling the form can be done offline also. Only the 'xml file' is required for filing the returns)
4. Fill it. Have your 'Form 16' along side you. It has all the information required. And have your check book also because you will need bank details also.
5. At the bottom of the PDF there are 4 buttons 'Print', 'Check Form', 'Generate Bar Code', and 'Export to xml'. After fill click on 'Check form' and then click on 'Generate bar code'. Finally click on 'Export to xml'.
6. This will generate an 'xml' file. Save it. (Ensure the file name has no special characters or space).
7. Now login to the site there is option to 'Submit returns'.
8. Upload the xml file. You will get an acknowledgement form link 'ITR-V'. Download this and save it for reference.
9. That's it.