Rasathanthram rules box office
The Malayalam film industry has not got over the Vishu euphoria.
Vadakkumnathan, starring Mohanlal, has been a significant post-Vishu release but Rasathanthram still rules at the box office.
The top five Malayalam films are:
1. Rasathanthram - This Mohanlal and Meera Jasime starrer directed by Sathyan Anthikkad has regained its top position. The rustic environs have the family audiences queuing up outside ticket windows.
2. Balram Vs Tharadas - This is an ambitious project with Mammootty in a double role under the baton of veteran director IV Sasi. The film topped the charts for a couple of weeks.
3. Vadakkumnathan - Mohanlal's performance and the late Raveendran's music are the strong points of the film scripted by lyricist Gireesh Puthenchery and directed by Shajoon Kariyal.
4. Pachakuthira - Actor Dileep's fans mainly consist of children and he targets them yet again with the film, in which he plays a mentally challenged person.
5. Thuruppu Gulan - Mammootty, by his own admission, plays a superfluous character targeting the vacation crowds in the film. Directed by Johnny Antony, the film seems to have succeeded in its mission.