65-yr-old woman dies of COVID-19 in Rajasthan, state reports 26 fresh cases
A 65-year-old woman who had tested positive for coronavirus died here, taking the toll in Rajasthan to eight, an official said on Friday.
The state also reported 26 fresh cases of the deadly virus Friday morning, taking the total number of COVID-19 patients to 489.
The official said the woman was undergoing treatment at SMS Hospital for COVID-19 and she breathed her last Thursday evening.
“The woman from Ramganj in Jaipur was admitted to SMS Hospital on Wednesday with complaint of respiratory distress pneumonia and co-morbidity hypertension. She had tested positive for COVID-19 and was on a ventilator,” the official said.
This is first death of a coronavirus patient in Ramganj and second in Jaipur.
On Sunday, a man from Ghat Gate in the capital city had died of COVID-19.
The state reported 26 new positive cases in the last 12 hours till 9 am Friday, officials said.
While 12 cases are from Banswara, eight are from Jaisalmer, three from Jaisalmer and one each form Alwar, Bharatpur and Kota, they said. A total of 489 persons have been tested positive for coronavirus in the state so far and 168 of them are from Jaipur. The maximum number of cases in Jaipur are from Ramganj.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The police, however, managed to calm the agitating villagers and shifted the girl’s body to mortuary for post-mortem
- Nepal Singh told HT that he was very happy to meet his wife but at the same time was also upset since his younger brother’s wife could not get a visa.
- Twenty-five-year-old Vasundhara Chauhan averted goons' attempt to free their accomplice.
- People in large numbers turned out to wish Raje on her birthday.
- A woman was raped by a police officer of the Kherli police station after she went there to file a case against her husband.
- The knowledge base and resources of the premier institutions of the country will be leveraged to bring in a transformational change in the rural developmental process, as per the programme objectives
- The government notice asks him to deposit ₹5,430,000 as rent for the bungalow, pending since November 2019, at a rate of ₹10,000/day.
- The victim reported this to another police officer and that’s how the matter came to the knowledge of Alwar SP, who asked for filing a case against the accused SI.
- An official said the video was recorded by a local resident who did not wish to be identified.
- Rajasthan BJP chief launched a programme against the state government, experts see factionalism in the party.
- Additional commissioner, excise policy, CR Dewasi, told that the e-auction for the wine shops started three days ago whereby.
- Two state government officials were arrested for taking a bribe of ₹four lakhs and Naresh Singhal, owner of Paras Travel Agency, was arrested for giving the bribe.