Viral video: Gehlot calls Dotasra for discussion, BJP demands CM’s resignation
Cornered by the opposition after the ruling party MLA’s video went viral, Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot will hold discussion with state party chief Govind Singh Dotasra on the issue on Monday, Congress leaders said. Meanwhile, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has demanded CM’s resignation.
The alleged video of Mahendrajeet Singh Malviya, Congress MLA from Bagidora and a former minister, is doing the rounds on social media. The video purportedly shows Malviya saying, during a campaign for panchayat polls in Banswara, that each of the two BTP MLAs of Dungarpur received Rs 5 crore during the Rajya Sabha polls and Rs 5 crore each during the political crisis when former deputy CM Sachin Pilot rebelled against the Gehlot government.
A senior Congress leader familiar with the development, said on condition of anonymity, that Gehlot has called Dotasra, who is currently on a visit to Sikar, for discussions. Apart from other organizational issues, the CM will be taking up the ongoing video issue with Dotasra. He added that the state in-charge and AICC general secretary Ajay Maken has already spoken with Gehlot on the issue.
Hitting at Gehlot, Union minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, in a series of tweets, demanded his resignation. Retweeting the video, he stated, “Gehlot government is playing with democratic values and mandate, and it is not hidden. Now, it is clear from the acceptance of the party’s senior MLA Mahendrajeet Singh Malviya in front of public that CM Ashok Gehlot has no right to continue on his post.”
He said, “The trust vote obtained by the state government in the Legislative Assembly through the purchase and sale of MLAs was actually deceit with the public, similarly the victory of the Congress candidate in the Rajya Sabha election is also doubtful.”
In another tweet, he said, Gehlot talked about herding, and simultaneously, on the other hand, created a chakravyuh (trap) of horse-trading, mislead the public and attacked the BJP to divert attention from his deceit. But now, all the secrets of this conspiracy are coming out themselves - the public is watching everything.
Congress spokesperson Archana Sharma said the person who was involved in destabilising the state government has no moral authority to seek anyone’s resignation. The plot of toppling the government failed and now they are making baseless allegations, she said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The total detected amount in major fake invoice cases is ₹798.88 crore.
- A prominent farmer leader said they will display tableaus of around 14 states in the tractor parade and around 2000 vehicles, including tractors, will participate in the rally on the Republic Day.
- The government claims that there's no proof either of any loss of revenue and of benefits accruing to department officials or of their involvement in any conspiracy.
- Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul had petitioned the high court last year seeking quashing of the FIR. The court had already given interim protection to both of them from arrest.
- A senior BJP leader said that attempts have been made to include almost all the major communities in the core group.
- The accused put up the warning against the corporator on his facebook page and made offers to hire contract killers, following which, police’s cyber cell traced and nabbed him
- n the missing complaint, family members expressed apprehension that the boy might have crossed to Pakistan since the family lived very close to the Indo-Pak international border and they had relatives in Pabni village in Pakistan.
- Chief minister Ashok Gehlot claimed that Rajasthan was the only state in India to be put in the green category in the detailed evaluation done by the World Health Organization due to better performance on all the parameters of vaccination.
- The IT department sleuths also found an alpha-numeric secret code on each item found in the tunnel. Attempts are on to crack the code.
- The Supreme Court had said last year in February that illegal sand mining could cause irreparable damage to the environment and is rampant in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot held the 'verbal exchange' between the two vaccine manufacturers as the reason behind the decline in participation in the vaccination drive
- Gajendra Singh was the son of former home minister and Congress stalwart from Rajasthan, Gulab Singh Shaktawat.
- The police investigated the case and got hold of the accused who was found to be a woman during the medical examination.