Winter Recipe: Welcome the winter season with delicious creamy palak soup recipe
Check out the super healthy and yummy creamy palak soup recipe that is full of nutrients and will keep you warm in this winter season.
There's something about winter that makes us yearn for soul-satisfying treats that we can munch on while snuggled up in the warmth of the evenings. And it turns out that one of the most reassuring foods is a bowl of soup. Nothing compares to enjoying a meal that includes a hot, filling bowl of soup. Along with satisfying the soul and offering comfort, it can also strengthen our immunity and ease digestive problems. Along with many other health advantages, Palak is a nutrient powerhouse, including high levels of calcium, iron, vitamins A and C, and potassium. Because of this, specialists frequently advise including this leafy green vegetable in our winter diet. (Also read: 3 tasty and healthy chestnut (singhara) recipes to enjoy in the winter season )
Chef Saurabh Singh Chandel, Executive Chef, Crowne Plaza Greater Noida, shared the delicious recipe of creamy palak soup with HT Lifestyle.
- 15 gm chopped onion
- 5 gm leeks
- 5 gm carrot and celery bouillon cubes
- 30 gm butter
- 50 gm fresh spinach
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 3 gm salt
- 1 gm freshly ground black pepper
- 20 ml fresh cream
- For garnish fresh cream
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion and leeks in butter for until translucent.
2. Add water, and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetable is tender.
3. Add spinach and cook for 2 to 4 minutes longer until the spinach is tender.
4. Working in batches, purée soup mixture in a blender. Return to saucepan. Whisk in half and half, salt, and pepper
5. Over low heat, bring to just before simmering. Whisk in the cream and butter. You may want to use an immersion blender to get the cream fully incorporated.
6. This soup is served hot. Garnish with drops of fresh cream.