Unnao case: CBI files charge sheet against MLA, 9 others for criminal conspiracy
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Friday filed another charge sheet against BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar, his brother Atul Sengar, three policemen and five other associates for alleged criminal conspiracy to frame Unnao rape victim’s father in a fake case.
CBI had registered a case on April 12 in connection with the framing of the rape survivor’s father in false case of illegal firearms possession, voluntarily causing hurt, insulting and criminal intimidation.
A CBI spokesman said the agency found that the MLA, his brother and aides, in connivance with Makhi police in Unnao framed the rape survivor’s father in a fake case.
He said the charge sheet had been filed in the special CBI court at Lucknow against 10 people under sections 166 (public servant disobeying law), 167 (public servant framing incorrect documents to cause injuries), 193 (creating false evidences), 201 (causing disappearance of evidences and offence) and 218 (framing incorrect record to save person from punishment).
“Charges of planting illegal firearm under sections 3 and 25 were also slapped against them,” he added.
The spokesman said besides the MLA and his brother, people against whom the charge sheet had been filed included the then station officer of Makhi police station Ashok Singh Bhaudaria, sub-inspector Kamta Prasad Singh and police constable Amir Khan.
“Five other accused are Shailendra Singh alias Tinku Singh (complainant in the false case), Vineet Mishra alias Vinay Mishra, Birendra Singh alias Bauwa Singh, Ram Sharan Singh alias Sonu Singh and Shashi Pratap Singh alias Suman Singh,” he added.
The spokesman said all the accused were already in judicial custody.
The rape survivor’s father was assaulted by the MLA’s brother and his aides after which he was framed in a false case by the Makhi police on April 3.
He was not provided proper treatment and was sent to jail where his condition deteriorated. He succumbed to injuries in judicial custody on April 9.
Earlier on Wednesday, the CBI had filed a charge sheet against the MLA and his woman aide Shashi Singh in connection with the suspected kidnapping and rape of the minor girl at his house in Unnao on June 4, 2017.
The MLA was also charged under sections 3 and 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Pocso) Act.
The rape survivor claimed that Singh took her to Sengar’s house on the pretext of facilitating a job for her in June 2017. She alleged that the MLA raped her at his house while Singh stayed outside.
On July 7, the CBI had filed a charge sheet against five people in the custodial death case of the Unnao rape survivor’s father.
While Sengar’s brother Atul is among the five people who have been charge sheeted, CBI officials said the investigation into the role of the MLA and police officials were still on.
So far, 10 people, including the BJP MLA, his brother and two policemen of Makhi station have been arrested by the CBI in four different cases registered in the matter.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The survivor’s family members came to know about the assault when she conceived a child, said a relative of the woman.
- Rai said that door-to-door collection of funds for the Ram Temple construction has also been stopped.
- "On the occasion of International Women's Day on March 8, women will be given free entry to Chhota Imambara, Bada Imambara and Picture Gallery in the city," the notification read.
- The incident came into light after the NCPCR wrote to the collector of Prayagraj after it received reports of the girl’s death after her parents could not deposit the money required for her treatment at United Medicity Hospital in the city.
- A meeting of cops and village watchmen was held at the Soraon police station on Wednesday in this regard.
- The budget session of UP legislature began on February 18 and was scheduled to end with the passing of the budget on March 10.
- Jayant called upon farmers to show their unity to the government, which he alleged was trying to “disgrace and defame” the movement against the farm laws.
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.
- The Muslim population in UP is 17-19%, but their share in the benefits of welfare schemes is 30-35%,” claimed the chief minister.