Allegations against me are an illusion, says Bhujbal after ACB raids his properties
Despite the ACB raids on 16 of his properties on Tuesday, NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal said the allegations against him were an “illusion” created by his political opponents.mumbai Updated: Jun 16, 2015 22:29 IST
Despite the ACB raids on 16 of his properties on Tuesday, NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal said the allegations against him were an “illusion” created by his political opponents.
The defiant NCP leader said he welcomed the probe, adding, “Properties where my family members are living are being searched, including some in Nashik that were given by my uncle 40 years ago and other old properties.”
The former public works department minister said, “I have not given a single inch to anyone and I have not caused any loss to the government. The speed of investigation is good. My political opponents are giving false stories to the press, which are creating an illusion,” said Bhujbal, vowing legal action.
Speaking about allegations of impropriety in awarding the contract to redevelop Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi, he said, “The proposals were not passed in two or four days; it took years. They were cleared by the cabinet and I am not the only one who took decisions,” Bhujbal said at his residence in Worli, a stone’s throw from the ACB’s headquarters.
Bhujbal claimed that the decision had been scrutinised at all the levels. “[The passing of] these proposals takes years, and involves departments such as finance, urban development and revenue, which discuss it repeatedly. An administrative permission is then given and tenders are floated, which are again reviewed. How can it be that it’s only my decision?” Bhujbal asked.