Neha Kakkar says she stopped talking to Rohanpreet Singh as he was not ready for marriage, then he drunkenly proposed one day
During a joint appearance on The Kapil Sharma Show, Neha revealed that Rohanpreet asked for her Snapchat ID after the shoot, and that is how they started talking. She said that she made it clear that she wanted to get married, as she felt that she was at the age to settle down. He told her that he was just 25 years old and not ready to tie the knot just yet.
Neha and Rohanpreet stopped talking for a while after this. However, one day, after exchanging greetings, he told her, “Nehu, I can’t live without you. Let’s get married.” She could hardly believe it. “Inhone 2-3 beer chadhayi hui thi. Maine socha, beer chadhayi hui hai, chhodo, subah bhool jayenge (He had downed two-three beers. I thought, ‘He is drunk, he will forget what he said in the morning’),” she said.
The next morning, Neha flew to Chandigarh for the shoot of another music video and Rohanpreet came to meet her in her hotel room. She revealed, “Yeh kehte hai, ‘Nehu, kal ki baat yaad hai na?’ Maine kaha, ‘Pee thi aapne, mujhe kyun nahi yaad rahegi?’ (He asked if I remembered what happened last night. I said, ‘You were the one who was drinking, why will I not remember?’).”
When Neha realised that Rohanpreet was serious, she asked him to speak to her mother, who also came to the shoot. She said that her mother instantly took to him.
Recently, Neha stoked pregnancy rumours when she shared a picture with Rohanpreet, in which she could be seen with what appeared to be a baby bump. However, it turned out to be a still from their next music video, Khyaal Rakhya Kar, in which she is shown to be pregnant.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.