Neha Kakkar tells the story behind Rohanpreet Singh’s song Ex Calling, says she made him unfollow an ex-girlfriend
Rohanpreet and Neha appeared together on The Kapil Sharma Show earlier this month, their first joint interview after the wedding. When Kapil Sharma asked Rohanpreet about the song, Neha revealed, “Kya hua, maine unfollow karwa diya. Inhone gaana bana liya (What happened is, I made him unfollow his ex-girlfriend, so he made a song about it).”
Neha further said that it was a strange coincidence that many of the songs that came out in the recent months found a reflection in her and Rohanpreet’s lives, such as Diamond Da Challa, which talked about a lockdown wedding, and Nehu Da Vyah.
“Yeh jab gaana maine banaya Nehu Da Vyah, yeh maine Rohu se milne se pehle banaya tha (I made the song Nehu Da Vyah before I met Rohanpreet). I swear on my music,” Neha swore.
In October, while announcing Ex Calling, Neha shared the cover art on Instagram and added an angry emoji in her caption. Rohanpreet swore that he was innocent and commented on the post, “Nehu I swear maine kuch ni kiya (I swear I did nothing).”
Rohanpreet and Neha met for the first time in August, while shooting for the music video of Nehu Da Vyah. When they started talking on text messages, she made it clear that she was looking for something permanent and wanted to get married. However, he felt he was too young to settle down and they briefly stopped talking.
However, one day, Rohanpreet suddenly texted Neha, “Nehu, I can’t live without you. Let’s get married.” She revealed, “Inhone 2-3 beer chadhayi hui thi. Maine socha, beer chadhayi hui hai, chhodo, subah bhool jayenge (He had downed two-three beers. I thought, ‘He is drunk, he will forget what he said in the morning’).”
Neha came to Chandigarh the next morning for another shoot and Rohanpreet came to meet her in her hotel room. He told her that he meant every word and spoke with her mother, who came on the set to watch the shoot.
Rohanpreet and Neha got married in an Anand Karaj ceremony at a gurdwara in Delhi on the morning of October 24. In the evening, they tied the knot as per to Hindu rituals. They then headed to Chandigarh for their reception on October 26.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- BTS singer V left fans in India screaming after he was seen thanking a yoga instructor with a "namaste."
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.