Faridkot rice mill owner’s murder: 6 days on, accused still on the run, raids on
“We are hopeful of tracing the accused soon. Police are fully committed to the safety of the residents in the district,” the SSP said.Updated: Aug 04, 2017, 11:23 IST
Six days after a rice mill owner was shot dead in broad daylight in Jaitu town in the district, the police are still clueless about the whereabouts of the assailants and groping in the dark.
- July 5: Two people fired at a 25-year-old man in a case of personal enmity at Pakhi Kalan village in Faridkot
- July 7: A 26-year-old milkman suffered a shrapnel injury on his head when the son of a retired police officer fired at his rival group over a land dispute at Kothe Narain Garh village
- July 7: Two people fired four bullets in the air at the Jubilee Cinema Chowk, Faridkot
- July 8: Four unidentified miscreants looted a petrol pump employee of Rs 25,000 in broad daylight at Pakhi Kalan village
- July 15: A 25-year-old gangster Lavi Deora was gunned down by three members of a rival gang in Kotkapura
Cops have been raiding all possible hideouts of the accused in Punjab and neighbouring states, but they have so far failed to trace the accused.
A recent Facebook post by one of the accused confessing his crime has added to the embarrassment of the police.
Accused Harsimrandeep Singh Simma, in his FB post, claimed that he and his associate killed victim Ravinder Kochhar as the latter was a police “tout” and informed the cops about the activities of members of his gang.
Police yet to identify co-accused
The police had identified Simma, who had allegedly fired five bullets at the victim, through CCTV footage. But they have failed to identify the second accused.
“We are zeroing on the two key members of the gang, but we are yet to identify the man who was at the driving seat of the car used in crime. The accused belong to gangster Gurbaksh Singh Sewewala group, which is trying to revive his gang in the area,” said a senior police officer.
Senior superintendent of police (SSP) Nanak Singh said, “We are hopeful of tracing the accused soon. Police are fully committed to the safety of the residents in the district.”