Can’t forget the love they showered on us and our film: Rajamouli on Baahubali in Japan. See pics
SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali is unarguably one of the most loved Indian film worldwide. Having had a glorious run all over in cinemas, the film impressed audiences domestically as well as globally.
On Wednesday, filmmaker Rajamouli revealed that the love the film received in Japhttps://www.hindustantimes.com/regional-movies/japan-loves-baahubali-the-conclusion-and-here-s-proof-watch-video/story-EnanZ5wAHV5SiQtrAnbOnL.htmlan has been unprecedented. He took to Instagram and wrote: “It’s been a week since we came back home from Japan. Thanks to Baahubali, we had a chance to visit many countries. But Japan became our most favourite. I can’t ever forget the reception they gave us, and the love they showered on us and our film. Incredible. They sent me home with lots of gift packs. We just started unboxing one by one and it brought a wide smile on my face again.”
He went on to add that every gift they received is “unique” and “amazing”. “Every gift we got and every art made was so unique and amazing. Thanks for all your efforts; it really means a lot to us. I feel truly blessed. Didn’t want to open #Prabhas, @Ranadaggubati’s gifts. We will unbox them once we all meet. Thank you so much Japan. Loads of love.”
Shot in Telugu and Tamil, the Baahubali franchise was dubbed into Hindi and Malayalam. Interestingly, all the four versions of the film did exceptionally good business at the ticket window. At the ticket window, Baahubali 2 has many first-time records. It’s the first Indian film to breach into the Rs 1500 crore club, crushing all records across the globe. In Tamil Nadu, the film minted over Rs 150 crore club, becoming the first film to achieve the rare feat, even surpassing superstar Rajinikanth’s Enthiran, which registered the record seven years ago. According to trusted trade pundits, it took second part in the Baahubali franchise just 16 days to enter the Rs 100 crore club in Tamil Nadu. In Kerala, the film minted around Rs 70 crore in its theatrical run.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.
- Shahid Kapoor said that he was with Mira Rajput in the labour room when she was giving birth to their daughter Misha. Mira 'whacked' Shahid when he got dizzy at one point.
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.