UFO Moviez to release Master in north India in over 500 screens on Jan 14
UFO Moviez on Thursday announced that they will be releasing Vijay’s upcoming release Master in north India in Hindi and Tamil in over 500 screen across regions like Central India, Rajasthan, Delhi/UP and East Punjab circuits.
In a statement, the company confirmed that they’ll be releasing Master in north India. “As theatres are striving to survive amidst the pandemic, big budget movies like “Master” will help pandemic-hit theatres get back on their feet and thrive. We salute the makers of “Master” for their convictions in releasing the film at this crucial juncture and are happy to be a part of this opportunity to help resurrect the cinema industry. Master has the potential to revive the fortunes of the ailing cinema industry and prompt release of big budget films across India. We intend to aggressively cross promote stars of one region in other regions with a vision of ONE NATION ONE FILM,” Kapil Agarwal, joint managing director, UFO Moviez said in the statement.
Master will become the first major pan-Indian release of the year when it hits the screens for Pongal festival. The film, directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj, will release in four languages which include Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Hindi.
Master features Vijay in the role of a college professor with a violent past. It also stars Vijay Sethupathi as the antagonist. The film, which also stars Malavika Mohanan, Shanthanu Bhagyaraj and Andrea Jeremiah, has been produced by Xavier Britto. It marks the maiden collaboration of Vijay and director Lokesh Kanagaraj.
The makers recently clarified multiple times that the film won’t skip its theatrical release and make it to any OTT platform.
A couple of months ago, reports emerged that Master was offered a Rs 125 crore deal by Amazon Prime for an exclusive release. However, this report was eventually put to rest by the film’s executive producer Lalit.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here