Vijay’s Mersal first south Indian film to get trademarked
After becoming the first south Indian movie to get its own emoji, Vijay’s Mersal has now become the first south Indian film to trademark its title. According to a Times of India article, so far, in Kollywood, a production house had trademarked their name, but this is the first time, a title is being trademarked here. So, if anybody uses the term Mersal for commercial purposes, a part of their revenue should be paid to the team as royalty. For example, if someone decides to come up with a Mersal bubblegum, they have to pay royalty.
The trademarking the title process took the team nearly six month. This also means that there will be no more instances of people claiming that they registered the title first or the title (or part of it) belongs to them and so on.
Mersal is one of the most anticipated releases of this year and it’s slated to hit the screens this Diwali. Directed by Atlee, the film marks his second successive collaboration with Vijay after last year’s blockbuster Theri. In the film, Vijay plays triple role and he will be seen as a panchayat head, a doctor and a magician. The film also stars Nithya Menen, Kajal Aggarwal and Samantha Ruth Prabhu as Vijay’s love interests while SJ Suryah plays the antagonist. Tipped to be made on a lavish budget, the film has music by AR Rahman and has been produced by Sri Thenandal Films.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.