Latest from tokyo olympics
- Veteran athlete said she is targeting the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games.
Published on Jan 14, 2022 08:32 PM IST
Published on Jan 12, 2022 04:41 PM IST
From fans to members of the sports fraternity, the young javelin thrower received several heartfelt birthday wishes on social media.
Published on Dec 24, 2021 04:31 PM IST
- HTLS 2021: From one Indian Olympic gold medallist to another… Abhinav Bindra spoke highly of javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra's historic achievement of winning the highest Olympic honour in track and field for India.
Published on Dec 01, 2021 06:26 PM IST
IOC released new guidelines on Tuesday related to participation of transgender and intersex athletes, dropping its earlier stance of using the levels of natural testosterone in a sportsperson as the determining factor for their eligibility.
Updated on Nov 18, 2021 07:01 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, New DelhiAvishek Roy
- India’s federation and the elite shooters are reviewing their showing in Japan after the sport failed to deliver a medal for the second Olympics in a row.
Published on Nov 16, 2021 07:38 PM IST
, New DelhiAvishek Roy
PM also sent out the letter to Birendra Lakra on his retirement from the game. Both Pal and Lakra were part of India's recent Bronze Medal-winning team at the Tokyo Olympics 2020. The duo announced their retirement on the same day, that is, September 30.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 04:54 PM IST
ANI | , New Delhi
The discus thrower says she needs to overcome getting scared of wet conditions
Published on Oct 21, 2021 08:42 PM IST
- With the experience of three Olympics behind him, the dream of an Olympic medal continues to drive the Haryana boxer
Updated on Oct 19, 2021 10:00 PM IST
, New DelhiAvishek Roy
- Kaur finished sixth in the women's discus throw event at Tokyo 2020 after rain interrupted play briefly.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 03:25 PM IST
Talking about his big break into the senior side, Simranjeet credited the seniors for guiding him and sharing useful tips which he still follows to this day.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 01:57 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
- The 16-year-old from a village near Meerut won the U-18 race at the national 400m meet this week, raising hopes of a bright future
Published on Oct 14, 2021 11:42 PM IST
Published on Sep 23, 2021 04:16 PM IST
India women's hockey team led by captain Rani Rampal and coach Sjoerd Marijne scripted history by reaching the semifinals at the Tokyo Olympics.
Updated on Sep 23, 2021 03:41 PM IST
Wilson, who is fully vaccinated, was forced to withdraw from the International Swim League competition in Naples, Italy because of the diagnosis.
Published on Sep 21, 2021 01:35 PM IST
PTI | , Naples
Initially disappointed, but Varun feels lucky to be a part of Olympic hockey history
Published on Sep 20, 2021 04:13 PM IST
Udita is currently part of the 25-member senior women’s core probable group for the national camp in SAI, Bengaluru.
Published on Sep 15, 2021 02:11 PM IST
PTI | , Bengaluru
- Algerian judoka Fethi Nourine has been banned from competition for 10 years by the International Judo Federation after his withdrawal from the Tokyo Olympics to avoid a potential bout against an Israeli opponent.
Published on Sep 14, 2021 08:39 AM IST
2020 Tokyo Paralympics: The event this year was the most successful Paralympic season for India yet, with athletes securing a total of 19 medals — 5 gold, 8 silver, and 6 bronze. Before this edition, India had won 12 medals — 4 of each colour — in all previous Paralympic appearances combined.
Updated on Sep 12, 2021 01:28 PM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- In wake of India's fine show in Tokyo, the country's first individual Olympic gold medal winner, Abhinav Bindra, in conversation with veteran sports journalist Sharda Ugra on Day 1 of Hindustan Times' virtual HT NxT, called the Olympic Games the epitome of sporting success'.
Updated on Sep 09, 2021 08:05 PM IST
- A carefully tailored programme that continued through lockdown and a top-notch recovery process helped in the jump from last in Rio to fourth in Tokyo
Updated on Sep 08, 2021 10:19 PM IST
Sandip Sikdar, New DelhiRudraneil Sengupta
- Indian sports is the marathon runner who after the first 30 minutes knows there are more than 30 kilometres to go—time to lengthen the stride and steel yourself for the long grind ahead.
Updated on Sep 08, 2021 07:27 PM IST
- India women's hockey team player Tete added that she feels blessed to have received an opportunity to play in an Olympic Games at a very young age.
Updated on Sep 07, 2021 01:30 PM IST
According to TTFI sources, the world number 56 stated she would not have been able to focus on her match if someone who asked to her indulge in match-fixing months earlier was sitting by her side.
Published on Sep 03, 2021 07:56 PM IST
Bajrang returned with a bronze medal from Tokyo Olympics after going all out in the third-fourth place play-off against Kazakhstan's Daulet Niyazbekov, taking the mat for that bout without taping his knee.
Updated on Aug 30, 2021 09:00 PM IST
- India’s track and field Olympics gold winner says his remarks about Pak thrower Nadeem is being used as propaganda
Updated on Aug 27, 2021 12:08 AM IST
Published on Aug 26, 2021 06:59 PM IST
- Every time he packs his bag, Manpreet Singh makes it a point to put the medal in before anything else.
Updated on Aug 24, 2021 07:50 AM IST
The Indian men's team head coach Graham Reid and women's team counterpart Sjoerd Marijne were among three nominees for FIH Coach of the Year award for men and women.
Published on Aug 23, 2021 06:17 PM IST
PTI | , Lausanne