By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 18, 2021 04:25 PM IST
- The UN experts believe that cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology that power them could actually improve their "stewardship of the environment."
PUBLISHED ON JUL 09, 2021 09:51 PM IST
Sotheby’s said the diamond was the most expensive physical object ever publicly offered for purchase with cryptocurrency.
UPDATED ON JUL 02, 2021 09:31 AM IST
Crypto artwork by 18-year-old transgender artist Victor Langlois, on gender transition, fetches $2.16 million at Christie's online auction. It represents Langlois' life as he discovered his gender identity and transitioned from female to male between the ages of 14 and 18.
Reuters | | Posted by Shanza Khan
PUBLISHED ON JUL 01, 2021 06:35 PM IST
Mercado Bitcoin will use the funds to expand its operations, expand supply and invest in infrastructure to meet the growing demand for cryptocurrencies in the region
UPDATED ON JUN 22, 2021 06:12 PM IST
Sotheby's said it would be first time a pear shaped flawless diamond of 101.38-carat has been offered for public purchase with cryptocurrency. It carries a pre-sale estimate of $10 million - $15 million and will be sold on July 9 in Hong Kong with bitcoin, ether or traditional money as payment.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 21, 2021 05:06 PM IST
China has ordered payment platform Alipay and domestic banks to not provide services linked to trading of virtual currencies.
Reuters | , Beijing
PUBLISHED ON JUN 11, 2021 11:23 PM IST
Cryptominers who set up projects claiming to be running big data and super-computing centres will be punished, and companies are barred from providing sites or power supplies to mining activities.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Deepali Sharma | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUN 08, 2021 10:42 AM IST
- Bitcoin plunged almost six per cent on Asian trading and was at $32,770, as of 11am in Hong Kong (around 8.30am IST) on Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Joydeep Bose
PUBLISHED ON JUN 05, 2021 04:29 PM IST
In all its internet notoriety, Dogecoin is up more than 14,000% in the past year. The cryptocurrency is establishing itself prominently on the mobile userbase, with the Coinbase Android and iOS apps making Dogecoin more accessible now than ever.
By Abhinav Kaul, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUN 01, 2021 08:19 AM IST
- The clarification came after lenders such as HDFC Bank Ltd and State Bank of India (SBI) cautioned customers through emails against dealing in virtual currencies such as bitcoin, citing the circular.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 28, 2021 09:12 PM IST
- ArabianChain Technology, the company behind Dubaicoin, claims to be the first public blockchain in the region, allowing users to mine the currency, and maintain the blockchain ledgers.
Reuters | , London
PUBLISHED ON MAY 21, 2021 06:28 PM IST
The United States imposes an almost total economic embargo on Iran, including a ban on all imports including those from the country's oil, banking and shipping sectors.
Reuters | , Shanghai
PUBLISHED ON MAY 19, 2021 06:59 PM IST
- The fresh crackdown makes it more difficult for individuals to buy cryptocurrencies using various payment channels, and could impact miners' business by making it harder for them to exchange cryptocurrencies for yuan.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 13, 2021 08:48 AM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 12, 2021 06:25 PM IST
- Ether, the second-biggest cryptocurrency by market capitalisation after bitcoin, climbed to $4,372.35, eclipsing its previous record hit on Monday, and was last up 2%. Bitcoin was down a touch at $56,240.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 10, 2021 05:22 PM IST
Ethereum, the second-largest coin by market capitalisation, jumped more than 6% to just below $4,175, and was last up around 2%.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 09, 2021 10:33 AM IST
Dogecoin, a cryptocurrency that started as a joke in 2013, has surged more than 20,000% in the past year, according to CoinGecko.
By Srimoyee Chowdhury
PUBLISHED ON MAY 07, 2021 08:55 PM IST
“I’m looking for a shiba pup!” Elon Musk wrote under the share.
UPDATED ON MAY 05, 2021 04:26 PM IST
Bidding at Sotheby's auction for Banksy's iconic artwork 'Love is in the Air' is estimated at $3 million to $5 million with the buyer having the option to pay with cryptocurrency (bitcoin and ethereum)
PUBLISHED ON MAY 01, 2021 09:59 PM IST
- The presidential decree makes “crypto asset service providers” responsible for seeing their assets are not used illegally. The decree immediately went into force with its publication in Turkey’s Official Gazette.
Agencies | , London
UPDATED ON APR 19, 2021 06:17 AM IST
Bitcoin was last trading down 10% at $53,991 as of 1320 GMT, a whopping $12,000 below record highs set on Wednesday.
PUBLISHED ON APR 18, 2021 01:20 PM IST
Several online reports attributed the plunge to speculation the US Treasury may crack down on money laundering that’s carried out through digital assets.
PUBLISHED ON APR 17, 2021 11:14 PM IST
Dogecoin, boosted by the likes of Elon Musk and Mark Cuban, rallied more than 110% Friday before dropping by 26% on Saturday, according to CoinMarketCap.com.
PUBLISHED ON APR 15, 2021 12:47 PM IST
Crypto firms are beefing up their top ranks to shape the emerging regulatory environment and tackle lingering skepticism about digital tokens.
Reuters | , New York
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 11:29 PM IST
- Bitcoin was last up 1.4% at $59,025, with a market cap of $1.1 trillion.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 30, 2021 10:30 AM IST
Bitcoin, the most popular crypto coin, jumped to a one-week high on the news, rising as much as 4.5% to $58,300 and heading back toward a record-high above $61,000 hit earlier this month.
Reuters | , London
PUBLISHED ON MAR 24, 2021 03:33 PM IST
Blockchain.com offers digital wallets for storage of cryptocurrencies as well as retail trading and other services for larger investors.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 15, 2021 03:49 PM IST
Bitcoin has climbed more than 1,000% in the past year, pushed higher by signs of increased institutional and corporate interest alongside the usual speculative demand.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 15, 2021 02:38 PM IST
Bitcoin eased back after scaling $61,000 for the first time on bets that some of the pandemic relief payments in the US will end up chasing the digital token’s towering rally.
Reuters | , New Delhi/mumbai
UPDATED ON MAR 15, 2021 07:09 AM IST
If the ban becomes law, India would be the first major economy to make holding cryptocurrency illegal.