AFP | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal
PUBLISHED ON MAY 18, 2021 12:18 AM IST
The lab-based study was carried out by the NYU Grossman School of Medicine and NYU Langone Center and is considered preliminary because it has not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 16, 2021 11:19 PM IST
- The situation in the region has quickly deteriorated as the fresh spate of violence on Sunday killed 40 Palestinians, the worst death toll since the unrest broke out.
AP | , London
PUBLISHED ON MAY 16, 2021 05:28 PM IST
- Excitement at the reopening of travel and hospitality vied with anxiety that a more contagious virus variant first found in India is spreading fast and could delay further plans to reopen.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 16, 2021 04:33 PM IST
- The UK government has been facing criticism, especially from the Opposition parties, for not putting India on the travel 'red list' along with its neighbours, Pakistan and Bangladesh, in early April.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 15, 2021 05:57 PM IST
- WeWork CEO Sandeep Mathrani told a remote audience at The Wall Street Journal’s Future of Everything Festival that “least engaged” employees are very comfortable working from home.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 15, 2021 11:10 AM IST
Union industry and commerce minister Piyush Goyal and United States Trade representative Katherine Tai held talks on both India and the United States working together on the Trade-Related aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) waiver with a view to ensure that vaccine doses are affordable to all.
UPDATED ON MAY 15, 2021 09:35 AM IST
Nearly 1.7 million samples (1,693,093 to be exact) were tested for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, taking the cumulative testing figures to 313,017,193 , according to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
ANI | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal
PUBLISHED ON MAY 15, 2021 05:44 AM IST
According to a statement, Mayor Bill de Blasio said that New York will tap into its stockpile to send Covid-19 test kits, swabs, ventilators, BiPAP machines, pulse oximeters, and other medical supplies to India.
PTI | , London
PUBLISHED ON MAY 14, 2021 05:28 PM IST
Videos posted across the social media channels showed protesters chanting “Leave our neighbours, let them go” and “Cops go home” during the nearly eight-hour-long standoff.
AP | | Posted by Karan Manral
UPDATED ON MAY 14, 2021 02:53 PM IST
Around half the passengers due to arrive in an Australian government-chartered Qantas flight on Saturday after a two-week travel ban, have been grounded because they either have Covid-19 or are considered a close contact of someone who does.
PTI | | Posted by Harshit Sabarwal
UPDATED ON MAY 13, 2021 10:39 PM IST
On Thursday, India added 3,62,727 new coronavirus infections, taking the Covid-19 tally of cases to 2,37,03,665, while the death toll rose to 2,58,317 with 4,120 daily fatalities, according to the Union health ministry data updated this morning.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 13, 2021 09:53 PM IST
- Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Also called as Akha Teej, Parasurama Jayanti or Akti, here's all you need to know about the date, history, puja timings and celebrations of the 'third day of unending prosperity' in India and Nepal
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 12, 2021 08:54 PM IST
- Eid-ul-Fitr 2021 moon sighting: The moon was not sighted in India, Muslims across the country will continue fasting and Eid will be celebrated on Friday, marking the onset of the month of Shawwal.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 12, 2021 01:45 PM IST
- Eid-ul-Fitr 2021: While Saudi Arabia, UAE, London and North America could not sight the crescent moon for Shawwal on Tuesday evening, here’s when chaand raat will be in India to mark ‘Meethi Eid’ the next day
UPDATED ON MAY 12, 2021 01:42 PM IST
- Former India wicketkeeper Saba Karim lavished praise on the Indian pace unit, while pointing 'a premier pace bowler' who will be important for the team's success in the World Test Championship final.
UPDATED ON MAY 11, 2021 01:06 PM IST
While Taiwan, Malaysia and India tighten travel curbs amid Covid-19, Germany and Bali are hopeful of a 'good summer' as they plan to reopen to foreign travellers after the ongoing coronavirus vaccination drives
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2021 08:53 AM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON MAY 10, 2021 02:38 PM IST
- Reetinder Sodhi remarked that Kohli and the selectors, after the Australia tour, have started giving more weightage to bowlers who possess potent batting abilities.
By Rezaul H Laskar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAY 10, 2021 06:13 AM IST
In a joint statement issued by Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, Saudi crown prince welcomed talks to resolve all outstanding issues bewteen India and Pakistan.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 09, 2021 03:11 PM IST
Paul Pickering says he wants to come to India to "write a novel based on the story of my wife's great aunt, a post-colonial story".
PUBLISHED ON MAY 08, 2021 03:29 PM IST
In the video, shot on the sets of her The Drew Barrymore Show that airs on Zee Cafe in India, the actor highlighted how a small contribution could go a long way in helping those in need.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 08, 2021 11:32 AM IST
This week, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan and Bihar joined the list of states which have imposed lockdowns amid a surge in their daily cases. Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Rajasthan and Bihar are observing complete lockdown while Karnataka has been placed under lockdown-like restrictions for 14 days.
UPDATED ON MAY 08, 2021 09:35 AM IST
India is the third country after the United States (US) and Brazil to have recorded over 4,000 deaths in a single day. According to worldometers.info, the United States had recorded the highest single-day deaths due to Covid-19 at 4,490 on January 12.
Reuters | , London
PUBLISHED ON MAY 07, 2021 05:54 PM IST
The original India variant, B.1.617, was first detected in October, but Public Health England (PHE) has categorised three different subtypes, all with slightly different mutations.
PTI | , United Nations
PUBLISHED ON MAY 07, 2021 10:04 AM IST
UNICEF Regional Director for South Asia George Laryea-Adjei had said in a statement that urgent action and steadfast leadership are indispensable to stop the catastrophe.
Livemint | By Elizabeth Roche, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAY 07, 2021 06:22 AM IST
While the emphasis was on bilateral ties, there was also a subtle reference to a more robust cooperation between the two sides in view of the rise of an unpredictable China.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 06, 2021 09:00 PM IST
India is currently in the third phase of the nationwide vaccination drive where beneficiaries in the age group of 18-45 are also being inoculated. As of Thursday morning, more than 162.5 million doses have been administered.
UPDATED ON MAY 07, 2021 02:03 AM IST
The three countries pledged to work together to achieve a free, open, inclusive and rules-based Indo-Pacific, and to support freedom of navigation, peaceful resolution of disputes, democratic values, and respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity.
By Vir Sanghvi
UPDATED ON MAY 06, 2021 01:21 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "Such is the despondency over our politicians that many people are now actively considering emigrating to other countries"