Latest from Omicron
It’s hard to show evidence to support respirator use in the community, but lack of randomised controlled trials does not mean they are not effective.
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 09:30 AM IST
PTI | | Posted by Parmita Uniyal
- Israeli researchers found that a fourth COVID-19 booster provided "only partial defence" against Omicron. Meanwhile, US drug maker Moderna plans to have a vaccine ready for the variant this spring. Follow DW for more.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 09:04 AM IST
Deutsche Welle, Delhi
- Sheba Hospital last month began administering a fourth vaccine to more than 270 medical workers — 154 who received a Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine and 120 others who received Moderna's.
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 05:20 AM IST
AP | , Jerusalem
China has detected locally-transmitted Omicron infections in the capital Beijing, the financial center Shanghai and Guangdong, where the southern technology center of Shenzhen is located
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 08:10 PM IST
Bloomberg | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz
Thailand reopened to vaccinated international travellers in November to help a vital tourism industry that collapsed during nearly 18 months of strict entry policies. Now, it mulls resuming quarantine waiver for foreign visitors
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 08:01 PM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Bangkok
“Expectations that Omicron may turn out to be more of a flash flood than a wave have brightened near-term prospects,” according to a RBI article.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 07:43 PM IST
PTI | , Mumbai
The officials said the Subject Expert Committee (SEC) of the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) is likely to review the data soon. The mRNA vaccine has also been developed for the Omicron variant, and it will soon be tested on humans for efficacy and immunogenicity.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 05:18 PM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Sohini Goswami, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The world's 10 richest men doubled their fortunes during the Covid-19 pandemic as poverty and inequality soared, an Oxfam study revealed.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 01:45 PM IST
Mumbai civic body said that the service will be restarted soon with the facility of appointment, date, and time.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 01:15 PM IST
ANI | , Mumbai
Your fitness journey need not stall in the current scenario of Omicron spread and Covid-19 related restrictions including work from home. Check out these health tips on diet and indoor exercise routine to stay in shape amid coronavirus pandemic, as revealed by nutritionists
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 01:00 PM IST
, DelhiZarafshan Shiraz
Australia is facing a shortage of at-home rapid antigen test kits after asymptomatic close contacts were told to bypass government-funded testing hubs, where high volumes delayed results by several days, and take their own tests.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 11:21 AM IST
Reuters | , Sydney
- Getting jabbed for Covid-19 can reduce the severity of infection in pregnant women. Here are other tips that pregnant women should follow amid pandemic.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 11:10 AM IST
India's Gennova Biopharmaceuticals is working on an Omicron-specific Covid-19 vaccine candidate that could be ready in a month or two, a person with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 10:21 AM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Parmita Uniyal
- India Covid-19 update: Highest number of Omicron cases were recorded at 1,738 from Maharashtra, followed by 1,672 from West Bengal.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 10:03 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharmita Kar | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, New Delhi
- While Covid-related restrictions can play a havoc with one's physical and mental health, one can make appropriate lifestyle changes to sail through these unprecedented times.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 09:58 AM IST
Published on Jan 17, 2022 12:53 AM IST
India has already entered the third week of January when the peak of the Omicron-driven third wave was projected. As daily cases in Delhi, Mumbai dip, other states are likely to see a surge in the coming day.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 10:54 PM IST
Mumbai's daily caseload fell below 10,000 on Sunday as 7,895 fresh Covid infections were recorded in the last 24 hours.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 07:23 PM IST
A new study has found that people who went through extreme stress, anxiety, and depression at the beginning of the pandemic had an increased risk of getting Covid-19.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 05:27 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Parmita Uniyal
Health experts are preaching caution, saying there’s too much uncertainty about how the virus will evolve, how much immunity society has built up and potential damage if people stop being careful.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 04:26 PM IST
Bloomberg | | Posted by Parmita Uniyal
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also expressed gratitude to the healthcare workers for expediting the drive and reaching inaccessible areas to achieve the goal.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 04:10 PM IST
ANI | , Bhopal
- Experts say Covid cases in children fuelled by Omicron variant are seeing a worrying rise as overall percentage of symptomatic children are increasing compared to the previous delta variant.
Updated on Jan 16, 2022 03:56 PM IST
Over 92 per cent of the adult population have received at least one dose while over 68 per cent have been fully vaccinated, according to Health Ministry officials.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 03:24 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
Omicron is a distant relative of Wuhan-D614G but did not come directly from Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Kappa or Mu, virologist Dr T Jacob John said.
Updated on Jan 16, 2022 02:43 PM IST
India Covid-19 update: The Union health ministry said 7,743 cases of the Omicron variant that is said to be the cause behind the latest surge have been so far detected in the country.
Updated on Jan 16, 2022 09:43 AM IST
hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
- Dr Kutub Mahmoood, Scientist and Virologist from Washington, DC told ANI that vaccination is the strongest weapon, adding that the pandemic cannot go on forever, and its end is pretty near.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 08:44 AM IST
ANI | , Washington [us]
- Covid-19 cases in India: Delhi started recording a drop in infections and Karnataka took the second spot among states. On the other hand, West Bengal emerged as a hotbed of Covid cases.
Updated on Jan 16, 2022 08:54 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharmita Kar | Edited by Sohini Goswami, New Delhi
- Omicron cases were confirmed earlier on Saturday in Shanghai and Guangdong province, as the National Health Commission (NHC) warned of possible outbreaks in those areas.
Published on Jan 16, 2022 03:01 AM IST
Till January 15, Delhi administered a total of 28,539,313 doses of Covid-19 vaccines. Nearly 16.5 million people in Delhi have taken the first shot, and nearly 12 million have received both.
Updated on Jan 16, 2022 12:10 AM IST
Soumya Pillai, New Delhi