Bigg Boss 12: Surbhi Rana evicted, calls herself the true winner of Salman Khan show
Much to the surprise of the viewers and even herself, Bigg Boss 12 contestant Surbhi Rana was evicted from the house as part of mid-week evictions. A dentist and a pharmaceutical scientist by profession, Surbhi hails from a village in Himachal Pradesh. Despite being evicted, she said she considers herself the winner of the show. In an exclusive chat with HT, Surbhi opened up about her fallout with Sreesanth and Romil Chaudhary and revealed her closest friend in the house. Excerpts:
You clearly did not expect to be evicted at this stage? Who, according to you, should have been ousted from the house?
I always thought that I should win. I still believe that. Romil or Dipika could have been evicted but not me. I will always look at myself as a winner. I think, I was the most deserving contestant.
You called yourself a fan of Sreesanth when you entered the house. But you had some of the biggest fights with him.
I was his fan. I am a fan of cricket and things related to it. I still am and liked his bowling style. But when I went inside, I saw his behaviour in certain situations. Whenever he did something wrong, I stood up against him. I was stern when I spoke to him.
You were an intrinsic part of Happy Club and were close to Romil Chaudhary. In fact, you entered the house with him as the first wild-card contestants. What went wrong?
I never moved to Dipika’s side. I had a human connection with Dipika and when you start spending time together, you do start talking to each other. Talking about Romil, he was too diplomatic. Compatibility matters a lot between two people. In the beginning there was a Happy Club with me, Romil, Deepak and Somi. We spent some good moments together. When you are living in the same space, you realise that your personalities and views don’t match and then you just move away. That’s human nature.
You were named the worst behaved contestant on the show. Salman Khan even scolded you for your behaviour. Are you that loud in real life or was it your strategy?
I had no strategy. Whenever I found something wrong, I spoke against it. I was often scolded for the same. Everybody was loud and aggressive but maybe I was the most loved one and that’s why I was pulled up more.
You toned down your behaviour during the last few days. Sreesanth even called you fake on noticing the change in your behaviour.
If you are changing for the better then it is not being fake. If you notice a flaw in yourself, that’s a good thing. Very few people get that opportunity on such a big platform. We have a lot of time in the house as there are no mobile phones or television. I realised that I was getting criticism for this and decided to work on it. People should appreciate me for that. As a competitor, they thought I am fake but that is their opinion. As a competitor they would obviously try to bring me down. I believe that if we can bring about a few changes to make ourselves better, we should go for it.
You accused Romil of staring at you and this led to a huge fight. Tell us about it.
He has a habit of staring and plotting while staring at a person. We were not bonding well at that time. This behaviour was repeated and I asked him to not do it. After a point of time, I couldn’t take it any more. I called him out in anger. He explained himself and I believed him. I also said sorry if he was offended by my statement. We all say inconsiderate things when angry but in the Bigg Boss house, it turns into an issue.
You considered yourself the strongest contestant. Now, who can take over inside Bigg Boss 12 house?
Deepak or Karanvir. But do not ask me who can be the winner because I have already won.
Who can you call your closest friend?
And your biggest enemy?
I don’t keep any grudges in my heart; I don’t have any enemies.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Sidharth Shukla showered praise on Badshah and rumoured girlfriend Shehnaaz Gill's new music video, Fly.
- Rubina Dilaik has explained why she threw water on Rakhi Sawant in a fit of aggression on Bigg Boss 14.
- Former Bigg Boss contestants Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Rashami Desai, Vindu Dara Singh, Vikas Gupta and Rakhi Sawant met for a party. Vikas shared pics with a lovely note for Rakhi.
- Rakhi Sawant has said she does not like Abhinav Shukla at all, adding that she did not cross any limit when she pulled at his drawstrings inside Bigg Boss 14 house.