Bigg Boss 14’s Sara Gurpal on comparison with Shehnaaz Gill: ‘Had it not been me, someone else would have come from Punjab’
Punjabi singer Sara Gurpal, who is one of the contestants on Salman Khan’s Bigg Boss 14, has said that she does not mind being compared to Shehnaaz Gill. Both are Punjabi singers and, like Sara, Shehnaaz was also a contestant on the reality show last year.
While Sara is one of the contestants of Bigg Boss 14, she could not enter the house Saturday night as she was rejected by the “special audience” comprising past show winners Sidharth Shukla and Gauahar Khan and former contestant Hina Khan. The fate of the four rejected participants -Sara, Rubina Dilak, Nishant Singh Malkhani and Jaan Kumar Sanu - will be known in the upcoming days.
Claiming to have watched previous seasons of Bigg Boss, Sara told Times of India, “Had it not been me, someone else would have come from Punjab. We are all different individuals. I am not taking it negatively. I am very proud of Shehnaaz Gill. She was entertaining and I have no problems with comparisons. And people of Punjab are anyway very nice. I am prepared for everything, be it positive or negative. When people will see me, I hope they will love me.”
“If you talk about Khans, all of them are different. And they have proved it over the years. If people are talented, they will be noticed for who they are. You can’t pretend for long. The house is such that people watch everything. I don’t think about pressure because I know it will all be good,” she added.
Meanwhile, a Punjabi singer Tushar Kumar has claimed that Sara got married to him in 2014 but now says she is single and disowns her own marriage. While a representative for Sara refused to comment, Tushar has shared pictures of the alleged wedding and what he claims to be a marriage certificate.
Bigg Boss 14 airs weekdays at 10:30pm and weekends at 9pm.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Monday. He was asked by photographers about his good looks for which he had a classy reply.
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.