Kit Harington not ready to return for a cameo in Game of Thrones prequel
Actor Kit Harington found it emotional to finish TV series Game of Thrones but he would never go back and do more episodes. The British actor has portrayed Jon Snow in the hit fantasy drama since 2011 and earlier this year wrapped his final scenes for the show’s last season, which will air in 2019.
And while it was hard to end that chapter of his life, Harington is not sad about moving on with his career and has vowed to never return to the show. “It was emotional to leave the job definitely,” Harington told bbc.com.
He added, “But I wouldn’t say I was sad: if like me you go all the way back to the pilot of Game of Thrones that’s almost 10 years of your life - that’s really unusual in an actor’s career. It was a huge emotional upheaval leaving that family. But would I want to go back and do more? Not on your life.”
Spin-offs from the main series are currently in the works, with Naomi Watts already confirmed to star in The Long Night, a prequel series which will be set thousands of years before the events of the show.
When asked if he would consider filming a cameo or a small appearance in the prequel, he reportedly gave an “unequivocal no.” The 31-year-old is currently performing here in True West, alongside Beast actor Johnny Flynn. In the play, Harington’s character Austin is working on a movie script he has just sold when his hopeless brother Lee stumbles back into his life.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.
- Salman Khan took to Instagram and Twitter to share a 'mega selfie' from the sets of the Indian Pro Music League. The star-studded photo featured Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D'Souza, Bobby Deol, Shraddha Kapoor, Govinda, Mika Singh, Rajkummar Rao, Karan Wahi, Javed Ali and many more.
- Sidharth Shukla has long been rumoured to be dating Shehnaaz Gill. Fresh rumours suggest that the two have tied the knot. Sidharth has now clarified his marital status.