Chronology - 350 dead in three months of Pakistan blasts
A suspected suicide bomber killed at least 123 people on Friday in an attack on former Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto as she was driven through Karachi to greet supporters on her return from eight years in exile.
Here is a chronology showing the worst suicide bombings and attacks in recent months:
-- July: More than 140 people are killed in about 13 suicide attacks after the siege and storming by security forces of Islamabad's of Red Mosque. The worse attacks include:
* July 14: Suicide car-bomber kills 24 paramilitary soldiers and wounds 29 in North Waziristan; two security officials are wounded in another blast in North West Frontier Province (NWFP).
* July 15: Sixteen people, most of them paramilitary soldiers, are killed in suicide-bomb ambush on patrol in Swat valley in NWFP. Separately, suicide bomber targets police recruiting centre in Dera Ismail Khan in NWFP, killing 29.
* July 17: Suicide bomber kills 16 people outside court in Islamabad where country's suspended chief justice, Iftikhar Chaudhry, was due to speak. Separately, suicide bomber kills four, including three soldiers, in North Waziristan.
* July 19: Three suicide attacks kill at least 52 people. At least 30 are killed in southern town of Hub. In northwest city of Hangu a car bomber kills seven people. And at least 15 worshippers are killed at a mosque at army training centre in northwest Kohat.
* July 27: Suicide bomb attack in restaurant near Islamabad's Red Mosque kills 13 people, most of them policemen.
-- August: At least 13 killed in three suicide attacks:
* August 20: Three paramilitary soldiers are killed and eight wounded when bomber rams checkpost in northwestern town of Thal.
* August 24: Suicide bomber kills five soldiers and wounds 30 in attack on convoy in Waziristan. Hours later another suicide bomber kills another soldier in region.
* August 26: Four policemen are killed and two wounded in suicide bomb attack in Swat valley.
-- September: At least 61 people killed in four suicide attacks.
* September 1: Suicide bomber kills three paramilitary soldiers and two civilians in northwest Bajaur.
* September 4: Two suicide bombers kill 25 and wound 70 in Rawalpindi.
* September 11: Suicide bomber kills 16 people in northwest Dera Ismail Khan.
* September 13: At least 15 soldiers killed in suicide bombing in an army canteen near Islamabad.
* October 3: Landmine blast kills 14 bus passengers in North Waziristan.
* October 19: At least 123 people killed by a suspected suicide bomb attack on former Benazir Bhutto as she is driven through Karachi after eight years in exile. The attack is one of the deadliest in Pakistan's history.