BJP will form government in Haryana: Captain Abhimanyu
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Haryana Minister Captain Abhimanyu on Thursday exuded confidence that his party will again form the government in Haryana.
Speaking to media here, he said the party respects the verdict of people and party workers had worked hard.
“ The election results are yet to come. The trends that are coming indicate that the BJP will form the government in Haryana once again. We respect the mandate. The workers have done the hard work,” he said.
Captain Abhimanyu, who holds charge of eight portfolios, was trailing at 3 pm in the vote count in Narnaund constituency of Hisar district.
Jannnayak Janta Party candidate Ram Kumar Gautam, a former BJP MLA, was leading by a margin of 1,828 votes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Banerjee had said on Monday she will contest the assembly elections from both Nandigram and Bhawanipore constituencies.
- Banerjee is set to contest against Adhikari, who said he will quit politics if the chief minister doesn’t lose by 50,000 votes.
- The Nandigram movement was instrumental in the TMC’s rise to power in the eastern state as well as in the country’s recent political history.
- Stones pelted at BJP workers during rally attended by Union minister Debasree Chaudhuri, party's state chief Dilip Ghosh and Suvendu Adhikari in Kolkata, reports ANI
- Mamata Banerjee’s decision to contest the elections from Nandigram can also be seen as a counter to TMC rebel Suvendu Adhikari who joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in December last year.