Highlights: PM Modi addresses rallies in HP, attends silver jubilee celebrations of Akshardham temple
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a tour of poll-bound Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh where he will be addressing three rallies on Thursday.assembly elections Updated: Nov 02, 2017 21:04 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressed two rallies in Himachal Pradesh and attended silver jubilee celebrations of Akshardham Temple in Gujarat on Thursday.
At the first Himachal rally in Kangra, Modi termed the Congress a “laughing club”, and said it was losing its hold in every corner of the country.
The prime minster also attacked the Himachal Pradesh government, saying chief minister Virbhadra Singh was talking of action against corruption when he himself was out on bail on a corruption case.
Later in the day, Modi reached his home state of Gujarat which goes to polls in December. He addressed a gathering at the Akshardham temple.
Modi said Akshardham temples stood out for their magnificence, exceptional management and usage of latest technology.
Below are the highlights:
8:04 pm: Remember the Navnirman Movement and high handedness of the then government? In those times Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS) worked to restore normalcy and help people: PM
7:50 pm: Modi says the Akshardham temples are beautiful, ahead of their times.
I assure you- you may not enter the temple as a Bhakt but you will leave as one: PM
7:46 pm: Akshardham temples stand out for excellent management and usage of technology. For this, we will always be grateful to Pramukh Swami: PM
7:43 pm: What was special about Pramukh Swami was that he understood the importance of changing with times & yet retaining a human touch: PM
7:41 pm: Pramukh Swami was never guided by ‘expanding influence’ for the sake of it. He was more interested in improving lives of people: PM Modi
Pramukh Swami brought about transformative change in society: PM
7:34 pm: PM Modi addresses gathering at Akshardham temple.
7:20 pm: PM Narendra Modi offers prayers at Akshardham temple in Gandhinagar on its silver jubilee celebrations.
6:51 pm: Children perform a welcome dance, wearing tricolour costume, to a song with lyrics comprising ‘Vande Mataram’, in the Akshardham complex.
6:45 pm: Narendra Modi inaugurates Mayur Dwar of Akshardham temple in Gandhinagar.
Gujarat: PM Narendra Modi at silver jubilee celebrations of the Akshardham temple in Gandhinagar pic.twitter.com/qktmy8BAH4— ANI (@ANI) November 2, 2017
5: 40 pm: PM Modi arrives in Ahmedabad. He will later participate in silver jubilee celebrations of Akshardham complex in Gandhinagar.
2.41pm: “Punish them. So that nobody dares to cheat the people in the future”: PM
2.40pm: “Congress has done PhD in telling lies and deceiving people”: PM
2.27pm: “Modi is criticised by those who were beneficiaries of ill-gotten money,” says PM.
2.26pm: “We linked it (govt schemes) with Aadhaar, started direct transfer to bank accounts & now Rs 57,000 crore that was being siphoned off is saved”: PM
2.25pm: “Receipts(for govt schemes) were issued for 10,000 people but in reality beneficiaries were 5000-6000, money was released on fake receipts”: PM
2.21pm: “Virbhadra ki sarkar ki kya pehchan hai? Ye sarkar, party aur neta kaise hain? Har sawal ka ek jawab- bhrashtachaar (What is the identity of the Virbhadra govt? What are the government, the party and its leaders like? The answer to all is corruption)”: PM in HP’s Dhaula Kuan
2.14pm: PM starts speaking amid cheers, says Congress knows it’s going to be wiped out.
1.49pm: Prime Minister Modi arrives at Dhaulakuan, the venue of his second Himachal Pradesh rally.
* “Instead of asking Indian diplomats and the foreign ministry, you go and ask the Chinese envoy. Sorry to say this shows lack of primary understanding”: Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Kangra.
* “Country is aware how the Doklam issue was dealt with, but the Congress even questioned that,” said PM Modi.
* “Kya Congress ko veeron ki shahadat ka apmaan karne ka haq hai kya? Unke ek neta ne Kashmir ki Azadi ki baat kari hai (Does Congress have the right to insult the sacrifice of the brave? One of their leaders have talked about ‘Kashmir ki azaadi’)”: PM Modi.
* “There are five monsters in Himachal Pradesh which we need to get rid off — mining mafia, forest mafia, drug mafia, tender mafia and transfer mafia”: PM Modi.
* “Congress has now become a laughing club, they need to introspect why people are turning away from them across the country,” says Modi.
* “Himachal Pradesh chief minister is embroiled in corruption yet the Congress in manifesto says there will be zero tolerance of corruption. Even a child won’t believe it”: PM Modi.
* “I have worked extensively in Himachal Pradesh, very familiar with all cities and know each and every street here,” says Modi.
* “Jinhone Himachal Pradesh ko loota hai unhe vidaai dene ka avsar aapke paas November 9 ko hai (Those who have looted Himachal Pradesh, you have the opportunity on November 9 to bid them goodbye)” Prime Minister Modi in Kangra.
First Published: Nov 02, 2017 12:58 IST