Anil Deshmukh on Sushant Singh Rajput case: ‘Don’t think that a CBI probe is required, we do not see any foul play’
Actor Rhea Chakraborty joined the chorus on Thursday, asking for a CBI inquiry into the death of her boyfriend, late actor Sushant Singh Rajput. However, Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh sees no need for CBI’s intervention.
Speaking to Mid-Day, Anil said the Mumbai Police do not suspect any foul play in relation to Sushant’s suicide so far. “I have the tweets and the campaign. But I don’t think that a CBI probe is required. The Mumbai Police is competent enough to handle such cases and they are investigating every aspect of the case including professional rivalry. As of now, we do not see any foul play. Details of the investigation will be shared once it is completed,” he said.
Rhea had tweeted on Thursday, “Respected @AmitShah sir, I’m Sushant Singh Rajput’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. It has been over a month since his sudden demise. I have complete faith in the government. However, in the interest of justice, I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI inquiry into this matter. I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step. Yours sincerely #satyamevajayat.”
Earlier in the day, Chakraborty requested the cyber crime cell to look into rape and murder threats she was receiving ever since Rajput’s death, with social media users blaming her for his suicide. The actor, known for films such as Mere Dad Ki Maruti and Jalebi, eventually disabled the comments section of her Instagram page.
“I was called a gold digger. kept quiet I was called a murderer. I kept quiet, I was slut shamed, I kept quiet. “But how does my silence give you the right to tell me that you will get me raped and murdered if I don’t commit suicide @mannu_raaut?” she wrote tagging one of the accounts from which she has received the threat.
Actor Shekhar Suman and BJP MP Subramaniyam Swami were among those who called for a CBI investigation into Sushant’s death. Shekhar later abandoned the cause after he felt that Sushant’s family did not seem too keen on it.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.
- Abhishek Bachchan has shared a picture from the sets of Dasvi and is seen in a powerful avatar. He plays Ganga Ram Chaudhary in the comedy film.
- Following IT raids at Anurag Kashyap's premises, Neeraj Ghaywan shared a picture from his library and tweeted, 'there’s definitely something there inside those books, too much wealth in them.'
- Slumdog Millionaire star Madhur Mittal has been accused of sexual assault by a former girlfriend. An FIR has been filed against the actor.
- Neena Gupta shared a picture with husband Vivek Mehra on completing 20 years of togetherness. He is a chartered accountant and had met Neena on a flight.